- advertisement -

Insulin Pump????

Discussion in 'Kids' started by AllYouNeedIsLove, Jun 18, 2010.

1. AllYouNeedIsLove

AllYouNeedIsLove New Member

ok, so i'm new to this forum, but anyway, i joined because i want to learn more about insulin pumps.... i get the whole bolus/basal thing, but which pumps have the best features? i recently went to diabetes camp, and i met people with omnipods and minimed paradigms, but nobody with an animas ping. so what is that pump like? which pump do you have (if any)? do you like it?

i know it's a lot of questions, but my mom says that i could get an insulin pump later this year.... im really excited but also nervous about it. so id reeeaaaallly appreciate it if you could help me out.

2. josmom

josmom Approved members

hey i'm josie. i have the minimed 722. it comes in a 522, which means it works better 4 people who don't need as much insulin. i love my pump its awesome. good luck w/ whichever one u choose, tho. how long have u been diabetic? 4 yrs for me!:D

3. Allyson94

Allyson94 Approved members

It all depends on you..
    Once you and your mom want to get them have a rep from each company come to your house and show you the ropes of the pump..
    :D

4. torinado22

torinado22 Approved members

i just ordered the animas ping. that was the one that i liked the best. any way good luck with the pump you pick.

5. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

6. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Ditto to Jordan, that thread has info about the different pumps, and it's not very opinionated or biased, it's very straightforward.

7. DD46Jessica

DD46Jessica Approved members

I want an Insulin Pump also!

:D I really want an insulin pump 2! I really want an OmniPod, and my parents said that they're going to get it 4 me at the end of summer break. I'm kind of nervous but very excited! :cwds:

8. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

I'm 11 and on moms account but I have the pump and I'm in 6th grade but I love it because it docent hurt when it gives shots only a bit when you put it in and the bolus is great because I have PE second period and we drop my basilnthere so I don't go low there and at the end of the day, it also helps so I don't have to go to tHe nurse to get shots and it is a lot more secretive... It is also a lot less stuff to carry around and it's really just great over all. I have the one touch ping and I like slot cuz it's water proof and I drop it like 40 times a day and never scratches chips or cracks... The pump is a great idea!!!

9. JeremysDad

JeremysDad Approved members

10. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

I've just recently upgrades from the Animus to the Minimed, not sure wich one, tho, but it's awesome. it gives less/more insulin at a time depending on the amount you need, but the Animus only gave one increment of insulin at a time. It has a lot of different features, one of which is a different way to bolus, it gives part of the bolus after you eat, then the rest after the amount of time you tell it to wait, the doctor that helped me learn about this sed it's good for pizza. If you do get the Minimed, make sure you look at the instructions thoroughly before using it, I didn't put it on, but I tried to figure out all the features before looking at the instructions and got really mad, cuz it wasn't wat i was used to and couldn't figure it out.

11. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

Animas pump is what I'm on and I LOVE it! the EZcarb feature I love a long with EZbg

12. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

My son uses the Ping, and we've been really happy with it. The meter remote is great--you don't have to pull your pump out to bolus. You just check your BG and you can bolus wireless-ly from the meter. In general, the pump is the best thing we've done for my son since his dx. Life is so much more flexible now. Good luck!

13. torinado22

torinado22 Approved members

welcome btw
    so i have the 'ping' and it is really nice.

1) the meter and the pump connect wirelessly so you can give insilin from the meter and never have to touch the pump

2) waterprof

3)small bolus' (0.05)

*)cool color pump mine is green
    cool color insets mine are pink
    the insets you can get ones that go in at an angle or or straight. mine are straight.

i hope that helps with you choice...