- advertisement -

Insulet Frustration

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by SeacoastMom, Dec 23, 2011.

1. SeacoastMom

SeacoastMom Approved members

I am hoping that no one else out there tried to call Insulet to order supplies today. I am so frustrated after finding out that their offices are closed today, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. I fully believe that their employees should get to celebrate the holiday with their families just like everyone else, but I can't believe that their holiday is a four day weekend.

I need to order supplies to be shipped before the end of the year and now I will get to worry until Tuesday morning if that will happen. I called a few days ago and they couldn't ship them because we had a few days left before we hit our "recommended shipping date" for new supplies.

Otherwise, I will have to explain to my 10 year old daughter why we'll have to use injections until our insurance changes on Jan 1 and we go through the whole authorization process in order to get a box shipped. We have never used a pump other than the Omnipod, but I've had so many frustrations lately with their product support and order department, that I am left to believe that when our pump warranty ends next summer that we should choose another company.

Is anyone else having trouble dealing with Insulet or I am just having a string of bad luck? Has anyone switched to another company and found them to be more helpful/responsive?

Thanks for your responses. Sorry for the rant, I just had to share it with someone who might understand how frustrating this can be.

I hope that you all have a happy holiday and look forward to learning more from everyone here in 2012!

2. peruvianpasohi

peruvianpasohi Approved members

I hope you had good luck today. Do you always order direct through Insulet? Usually the insurances have contracted DME supplies that are ordered through...ALTHOUGH, Edgepark and Liberty Medical are headaches in themselves. Check with your new insurance for 2012, as to which DME is a fit for them and Insulet.