- advertisement -

Inset 30 vs straight insets

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cm4kelly, Jul 19, 2014.

1. cm4kelly

cm4kelly Approved members

Looking for some information.

My son just got approval for the tslim insulin pump. We have been happy medtronic users for 4 years, but are now excited to move to the tslim.

In the past we have been happy with mios and the 90 degree insertion. I think in order to keep the MIO type of inserter with the leur lock that I will have to order these from Animas. We have always used the 90 degree - but I see the 30 degree (angled) sites advertised also.

Who uses these (30) and why?

We have been have with the regular 90 degree BUT my son is very thin. Didn't know if this was better for thinner kids or what -
    Just looking for some information - thanks.

2. Mo1

Mo1 Approved members

I don't know the lingo about 30's and 90's, but my daughter has been pumping for a month with the T Slim. It is her first pump. We use the Cleo 90, and it is really easy to use. The rep for the T Slim brought it to the demo in our home. The needle is hidden, which was a plus for my daughter who just turned 7. The other one's from the animas demo were intimidating and felt more complicated than unscrewing a cap and pressing down for a click. The customer service and clinical reps have been great at Tandem as well.

3. Charliesmom

Charliesmom Approved members

When my son was on the Ping he used straight insets for butt and arms and the angled for his legs. The endo had us do it that way and I thought it would be more comfortable for him.

4. Caldercup

Caldercup Approved members

My son is rather lean, with only small pockets of fat above and below his waistline at his back.

For him, the angled sets stay in better.