- advertisement -

Insane day

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by MamaLibby, Mar 19, 2012.

1. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

You know that moment when you look out the window, and you see your middle 4 children-who you thought were just playing outside--are actually making a mud puddle out of your soon-to-be-garden-plot and throwing thick mud at each other and every surface they see?

Or how about, in the 2.18 seconds it took you to look out the window, your 20 month old went from sitting 3 feet away from you to out the front door, dropping her dress and diaper in the mean time, so that she's dashing towards a bird in the middle of the road clad in nothing but purple socks and a milk mustache. :eek:

And then, when you come back in with the screaming naked toddler and find your oldest in the kitchen, you ask her to please save your burning grilled cheese off the stove--she interrupts you to say her BG is 312 with 1 arrow up and 0.9 ketones and she just maybe, sorta, kinda accidentally forgot to bolus for all the carb-laden fruit and chips she grazed on that morning.

Thank god the afternoon went better!!! :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. Connor's Mom

Connor's Mom Approved members

Glad things smoothed out some for you and that everyone was ok!

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

The joys of a houseful of children!

4. MamaLibby

My beloved pride and joys that are slowly but surely giving me gray hair at 31! :D

5. MommaKat

MommaKat Approved members

Not exactly those kinds of days, but similar - it's a great thing that we can look back later and smile :D Even the gray hairs end up being fun eventually...

6. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Sorry for your hard morning...but thank you for the chuckle I got out of this!:p Hope today is a better day for you!

7. MamaLibby

It's okay...My husband laughed too when I told him. and today was a MUCH better day! We went to the park--we hiked, we ate a picnic lunch and played on the playground and danced in the sprinklers. and then we all came home and took a nap! :)

8. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Sounds like an ideal day...and a lovely "reward" for what you had to go through the other day!:)

9. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

Hee hee, i've had those kind of days.:D

10. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Brought back memories of my childhood and when my girls were children. Thanks for the chuckle.