- advertisement -

Infusion site scarring

Discussion in 'Insulin Pumps' started by Rob, Dec 30, 2005.

1. Rob

Rob Approved members

I've been diabetic for a long time, but just a few months ago switched to a pump (I still have mixed feelings about it, somedays I love it, others I'm ready to throw it through the wall). Anyway, I've noticed that whenever I remove an infusion site there's a small scar left behind. I'm assuming that it's caused by me jarring the infusion site, but I was wondeirng if anyone else has had this problem, or had any input. Thanks

-Rob

2. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

I've been on the pump for three years, and I get the same thing. Just a little dot where the cannala was. They never last very long, and if they do leave a mark, they generally fade with time.

3. Ellen

Ellen Senior Member

My son's ped endo recommends one put Sween Cream on the skin after removing the infusion set.

[FONT=arial, helvetica]The four non-occlusive moisturizers and natural vitamins A&D, immediately help restore dry, fragile skin that's at risk for cracking, especially around contact points like heels and elbows. Non-occlusive formula absorbs quickly into the skin and will not interfere with the adhesion of tape or ostomy appliances.

Indications: Use Sween Cream® for: Cracked and flaky dry skin; Red skin due to minor burns; Radiation/chemotherapy skin reactions; Peri-wound skin; Perineal Erythema; Surgical incisions - reduces itching and pulling discomfort; Relieves itching under tape; Callouses; Any reddended skin
    [/FONT]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. faithe113001

faithe113001 Approved members

I use Eucerin cream for sensitive skin, and that works really well to heal up your cracked skin.

5. Rob

Rob Approved members

Thanks for the tips, I'd say i'd try them out, but honestly, they don't bother me enough to pay them that much special attention. Well, that and I'm kinda proud of all my scars, including those ones (I know, I have a very different mind-set than most people). I was just curious if anyone else had them.

6. Sweetkidmom

Sweetkidmom Approved members

My daughter gets them too, especially when a site has got infected. It bothers her a LOT (with summer fashion what it is, the exposed mid-riff shows all the scars and she sometimes gets very upset.)
    I looked at the ingredients of Sween and I think I can find a local product that may help - thanks for the info.
    Kay