- advertisement -

Infusion Set Question

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by MorgansDad, Dec 16, 2013.

1. MorgansDad

MorgansDad Approved members

My DD is going from the Pod to T-Slim and they are asking us which infusion set we want. What are the choices and advantages/disadvantages?

Thanks,

Craig

2. willie's mom

willie's mom Approved members

We recently switched to T-Slim. Before deciding on an infusion set we got samples of several from our doctor and supply company. After trying them out we made our decision and ordered a three month supply.

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I second getting a few samples from your doctor. Maybe discuss the pro's/con's of straight sets vs. angled etc.

We use the Insets. Have always had very good luck with those.

4. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

It is basically your preference. For guidance you can ask what they sell the most of or what is common among the age of your Cwd, or just get equal amounts of each one so you can try them all. I personally don't think one or two is enough to decide if you really like one kind.

When we started pumping they (our endo/cde) basically ordered for us what they thought was best for our situation (quicksets). We went with those for a while, then started experimenting with other things when we felt we needed something different. Now I order a variety of sets every time so ds will have options. Different sets work better for different areas of the body.

Good luck!

5. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

My daughter swtiched from OmniPod to T:Slim, too - it's been wonderful for us and I hope you and your daughter have the outcome :)

We use 6mm Cleos. The T:Slim rep brought all of the choices to the demo and stuck them in her arm to demo them, and let DD try a few. I recommend testing them - what I would have picked for DD was not at all like the one she chose!

6. MorgansDad

MorgansDad Approved members

I got several from the doctor and will see what works best for DD.

Thanks!!!

Craig