- advertisement -

Influenza with a secondary infection.....

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Big Hair Momma, Mar 2, 2009.

1. Big Hair Momma

Big Hair Momma Approved members

That's my dx's from my trip to the doc this morning. I'm too late for the anti-virals, but she started my on an antibiotic and a cough suppressant for the rest. I feel like I've been hit by a mac truck. Doc says I can expect to feel bad for at least a week, maybe longer. :eek::eek::eek: Ugh!

2. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I am so sorry to hear that you feel bad!! :( I hope it does not last as long as the doc said it could last..

I went through something similar where I felt like I had been run over by a large truck, and then the truck backed up and ran over me again and again.

Take care of yourself and try to get as much rest as you can, I know easier said than done.

3. LJM

LJM Approved members

Iccck! I hope you have a very rapid recovery.

4. Java

Java Approved members

Oh, I am so sorry you are sick. I remember having the flu in 4th grade. It was awful. I remember praying that I would just die :eek:. Hope you feel better soon....

5. OSUMom

OSUMom Approved members

There's some nasty stuff out there right now. Wishing you a speedy recovery!!! Hope you can get some rest. :cwds::cwds:

6. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I hope you feel better soon....I had this a few weeks ago and Dr gave me a shot of antiobiotic called Rocephrin?? Took a couple days to kick in but boy did it help!
    I also got the narcotic cough med that knocked me to a lower ground...
    Feel better....(so hard to be sick when its MOM!!!)

7. Big Hair Momma

Thanks, Everyone! I am feeling better. Today has been a pretty good day. I'm hoping tomorrow is even better. I'm doing a pretty good job of holding my sofa in place. ;) Thanks again for the well wishes and good thoughts.

8. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Stacie,

Feel better! If it makes you feel any better, our pedi told me that antivirals aren't working on this year's flu. So even if you had caught it in time, it probably wouldn't have done much.

9. Big Hair Momma

Thanks so much, Heidi! How's the new job? I did look for you when we were in Denver at the beginning of Feb. You weren't sitting at the Young Adult desk and I didn't want to interrupt whatever training was happening. I hope you're loving it! :)

10. Kirsten

Kirsten Approved members

Our whole family was there last year.:eek:Not fun! Take it easy.

Kirsten