- advertisement -

In Search Of A Good Recipe For Bread...

Discussion in 'Recipe Exchange' started by lil'Man'sMom, May 11, 2008.

1. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

we have a bread machine. We used to use it all the time and would like to start again. DH and i love the homemade bread and would like to make it for the whole family to use on a daily bases. We like to know exactly what is in our bread...after reading the labels on the bread we have in the cupboard we feel it would be better if we start to make it again. The big bummer is that DH is good friends with the Pepperidge Farm guy and the Martins guy, they all deliver to the same markets, and exchange things. I told him Martins was o.k. because they do not add HFCS and the 100% natural Pepperidge Farm are also o.k.

...anyways, does anyone have a good recipe for wheat, white, even potato would be good? Oh, sourdough would be a big hit too.

Last edited: May 11, 2008
  2. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

We use this recipie. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Whole-Wheat-Honey-Bread/Detail.aspx?strb=1

I don't like how my bread machine bakes the bread -- I don't like the shape and it often gets burned on top. So instead, I use the bread machine to make the dough. When the dough cycle is done, I put it in a greased loaf pan, cover and let it rise an hour. Then I bake it at 375 for 37 minutes. Right after it's out of the oven I brush butter over the top so the crust isn't hard.

It sounds like a lot of work but it isn't. I just have to make sure I'm home for about 3 hours. It takes less than 5 minutes to put in in the machine. About 30 seconds to transfer to the loaf pan, then you have to bake it. Very little work and my family loves it.