- advertisement -

In over my head

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by KellyM79, Mar 1, 2013.

1. KellyM79

KellyM79 New Member

My daughter, who just turned 12 on Monday, was diagnosed with celiac disease in July and T1 Diabetes 2 months ago. She has also been treated intravenously for anemia. It is very over-whelming at times . Anyone else have a child with celiac and diabetes? My daughter isnt feeling well today and lately her symptoms make me think she may be anemic again. That scares me since she has been gluten free for a while now. Any insight/advice/encouragement is welcome! Also I'm very worried how her body will handle menstration if she is anemic again. She hasn't started yet.

Oh, intro- my name is Kelly. I'm married with 3 girls who are 17, 14 and 12. My eldest has no health issues and my middle has asthma!

2. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

Welcome. I'm sorry you have to be here. I'm sure others will chime in with advice, my kiddo only has T1. Hang in there!

3. obtainedmist

obtainedmist Approved members

I believe that Celiac is VERY common in the type 1 community since it's also an autoimmune disease. There is a Celiac forum here you might want to look into!