- advertisement -

In memory of Eilish O'Brien - 3 months today

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Pepper1, Jan 20, 2011.

1. NatBMomto4

NatBMomto4 Approved members

Mel, I think of you each and every day. I cannot even begin to imagine how you must be feeling and I often wish there was some way I could bring you some comfort. Eilish may be gone, but she will forever live in the hearts of many. You will continue to be in my prayers.

2. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Keeping you all in thought and prayer... I am so very sorry for your loss. Many hugs to you all.

- Kathy and family

3. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Thinking of your family today and everyday.

Wanda

4. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

still in my prayers. I still have her candle lit.

5. ehacker

ehacker Approved members

((hugs)) to Mel and family. in my prayers everyday, i know there are no words i can say other then ur family are in my prayers. it is a loss i wish no mother ever had to deal with. ((hugs))

6. lhazc

lhazc Approved members

prayers for Mel and her family.. So sorry for your loss.

7. deafmack

deafmack Approved members

Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Eilish was a very special young girl.

8. MelStan

MelStan Member

Thankyou all so much for your kind, caring and supportive messages, and thankyou to Alison for posting this :cwds:
    Knowing that your thoughts are with us is really such a comfort. I think the people in this community feel this grief for us more than the average person, and you all feel like family to me.

I was warned by my counsellor that the 3 month mark is particularly hard on most people, and she wasn't wrong. It's been a hellish nightmare, and really the only thing that has changed for me, is that I'm better at putting on the 'face' when people are around. But it's always a facade, because inside, all I feel is a completely broken heart.
    I realised VERY early on, that a lot of people expect you to go on as normal. Hold conversations, and 'chat' even :rolleyes:

My day revolves around trying to get Ella through her day (and night..as she's still very frightened of being alone) and trying to keep her busy. I really don't have much time to deal with my own grief (Ella has been on holiday for the last almost 6 weeks, and that was very bad timing in a way) Every hour feels so long now that she is an only child :(
    Charlie is also struggling hugely.. We would all trade anything in the world to have our precious and beautiful Eilish back :(

But your messages are SO appreciated..thankyou all :)

<3

9. selketine

selketine Approved members

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you and your loss.

10. mom2Hanna

mom2Hanna Approved members

Like many others here, I think of Eilish everyday. I am so sorry.

11. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

I just cannot imagine. I think about your family every day.

12. manda81

manda81 Approved members

I cannot even imagine how hard it must be. You're in our thoughts.

13. NomadIvy

NomadIvy Approved members

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

14. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

Mel and Charlie...I think of your family almost every single day. I read your postings on FB and grieve/laugh/remember with you. Please know you are loved and your daughter will always be remembered in our home.