- advertisement -

Improving with sensor placement

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by KHM, Nov 17, 2010.

1. KHM

KHM Approved members

Hey---very happy to report our success when our CGMS sensor died (5 days; I think it got tugged) this evening after L was asleep. Tonight is not a night when I can go without it. I was unable to roust her so I decided to just take a shot at inserting the sensor while she slept. Our insertions were initially upsetting for a brief period afterward but my last two have been fairly easily done, little drama.

Happy to report: Lindsay didn't even waken...she kind of rubbed at her tummy near where it had been placed for a second but that was it.

LOVE IT!

2. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

Fabulous! Glad you were able to get it in easily without waking her. We can barely get away with a Lantus shot while she's sleeping - I can't imagine my dd would sleep through a new set or a CGM insertion.

3. KHM

KHM Approved members

When Lindsay sleeps, she SLEEPS. The up side is easy sensor placement, finger sticks and injections in her sleep. The down side is that it is nearly impossible to get glucose in her if she's low at night....its always something, eh?

Curious about your usernname: are you, in fact, an SLP?

4. slpmom2

slpmom2 Approved members

I don't know - my dd generally sleeps through anything, but she'll often pull away from the lantus shots. Tonight she got half of it in her leg and the other half in her arm; at least she didn't get half in her leg and then the rest squirted all over her when she pulled away. :rolleyes: She frequently eats or tolerates finger pokes without waking up.

I am, indeed, an SLP. Are you?

5. GinaB

GinaB Approved members

How I long for my son to sleep through anything. A nightime finger poke is a half hour nightmare at our house. Glad it worked out for you.