- advertisement -

Immunizations??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Kris4, Aug 12, 2007.

1. Kris4

Kris4 Approved members

I have to take my daughter in to the doctor tomorrow to have immunizations done. This is the first time since dx that we have had to do this. She is 5. I feel bad for her. How do you tell a type 1 daibetic child, I'm sorry but you have to get more shots!! More pain! Ughhh! I hate that for her.
    I don't know what to expect as far as blood sugars and all. Has any one had any experience with immunizations? Does it affect blood sugars? Is there anything different I should watch for with her?

2. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

I didn't notice a change in blood sugars. At the same time, he was less scared of the needles since he was used to them.
    Hope it goes well for you both!!

3. Kris60

Kris60 Approved members

the same for us, Lauren kinda chuckles like a veteran at the technician giving the shots, especially when they sit there and do all the reassuring and tell them to sit still etc...
    We haven't seen any fluctuation in BS from immun shots. The only one we really watch is when Lauren gets her flu shot.

4. missnme

missnme Approved members

The only shot we had a problem with was the booster for chicken pox. She had swelling and a fever from it and that caused her blood sugars to go up. No problems with any other immunizations.