- advertisement -

I'm starting to think its something

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by sam1nat2, Dec 15, 2010.

1. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Sophie, who is getting close to 3, and sleeps through the night, has "alerted" us the past 2 nights in a row to lows:eek::eek:

Monday, Sam goes to bed at 9:30. He was 120 before bed and had a yogurt and bolused for it around 9. We check him at 11 for the first check. Sophie kept waking up starting at 10:15, 10:20, etc. I finally check him at 10:30 and he is 43:eek:

Last night, check him at 11, he's 140, I set the alarm for 4 hours to check again as he has been stable at night (whatever stable is). 1 am, Sophie is up again, I check him and he's 70.

Anyone ever hear of kids being able to detect low blood sugars??? They do share an amazing bond, but this is just so out of the ordinary!! She's done this before.

2. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

That's pretty cool. Maybe she just hears funny noises when your son is low??
    My youngest will come and get us if our son with D is low, but only because the latter will call and we may not hear him right away.
    Which reminds me, we need a baby phone thingy.

3. 5kids4me

5kids4me Approved members

That is really interesting! WTG Sophie!

Josh moans when he is low or falling fast..

4. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Sam doesn't make any noises. Their rooms are next to eachother, but both sleep with music on. Who knows, just happy I have it:D

5. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Never heard of this before, but YAY for Sophie.

6. Lisa P.

Lisa P. Approved members

This has seemed to happen to us. At the time, I was thinking the dog got restless and the kids sensed that, but I don't know.
    I do think overall there is something about diabetes and the siblings so far, it just seems to kind of tighten up all the bolts on those bonds. . . .
    Beautiful of Sophie . . .

7. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

Mine have had the problem of going to sleep when they are dropping to low. They would check normal but after not being able to go to sleep we checked and they would be very low. Guess it makes them feel funny. Thank goodness.

This is great Sophie can feel that!

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I often wake up and can't fall back asleep if I'm low. I won't feel low, but I've learned to test if I wake up randomly.

Hopefully she keeps it up!

9. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Sophie is an angel!

She is only 2, and already a little hero.

I believe that young children, tend to be tuned in more.