- advertisement -

I'm New

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 2' started by marti, May 15, 2007.

1. marti

marti New Member

My name is Martina and i am from British Columbia Canada, i Have Type 2 Diabetes Since July 2005, and i am 30 years old

2. jstump7697

jstump7697 Approved members

hello there

I am Jeremy and i am 35 and have type 2 diabetes. I have been on since 2001 when my sugars were out of control and my blood sugar was at 400. Since then i have went through several different pills and regimans, and finally with Lanus Insulin and Avandia my blood sugars are in between 100 and 145 or so. After getting it under control i started to notice my feet were burning and felt like someone was sticking me with needles. I found out through nerve and muscle tests i have Peripheral Neuropathy now too. So now i am on Gabapentin. All of these medicines have side effects of weight gain which is bad so it is extra hard for me to try and excersize, eat better, etc...

3. Dogbrain

Dogbrain New Member

My name is Russ - have been Type 2 for 20 years. Used a low carb diet with complete success for 15 years, then had to begin meds (glucophage, then glucophage and Actos)

Now using Levemir to control basal and Actos to handle meal loads.

I'm very lucky - was able to lose 25 pounds using a low-carb diet and have kept it off for 20 years.

No complications whatsoever.

4. jessika72

jessika72 Approved members

I am new as well

Hi, Im Jessica. Im from Los Angeles and I have been diabetic since 1999. I am considered a type 2 but I do not fit under the category all the way. I still make a signifigant amount of insulin and sometimes my body will use it, sometimes it will not.

I am currently on Lantus (50u), Metformin (2X1000mg), Humolog, and Glucotrol (2X2.5mg). My sugars started out out of control (above 600), and with and A1c of 10.2.

I just added the glucotrol due to my numbers not doing so well, I am a 25 year old law student and dont eat regularly nor properly and drink way too much coffee. I am working on changing that though and need to get my A1c back under 7. I am pretty easy to contact if anyone has questions (I used some of my undergrad courses to do research, and of course have diabetes)

On Yahoo - jright2010
    AIM - jright2010

5. CAGrandma

CAGrandma Approved members

Can you elaborate on how you use Actos for meal loads?

I just went on Januvia (100mg day) and Actos (15mg day) since I can no longer take Metformin (side effects were too bad). My numbers aren't too bad, but then they never were too bad. And that stuff is expensive!