- advertisement -

I'm a faker, she's a faker, wouldn't you like to be a faker too?? :)

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by frizzyrazzy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Your post just made me cry... You are such an incredible mother to Morgan.

2. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

I was just thinking the same thing. I don't actually think I could do it knowing that it would end. It would be too horrible.

3. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

I feel the same way....that's why all I came up with was cotton candy and fried dough without stress for me.....:rolleyes: He can still have the cotton candy and fried dough now, BUT I can NEVER get the carbs right on those two things!:eek: (thankfully it's not something available often)

I may have a different answer in the future when the burden of diabetes care falls upon him. But right now honestly, it's just the way it is, we make it work, we don't dwell on it, we don't cry about it, it is what it is and it's just fine. Life is good even with diabetes.:cwds:

and Sarah you weren't being a bummer...:D and I had to delete the smileys from your post to put mine in my post:cool:

4. Seans Mom

Seans Mom Approved members

I completely understand the sadness of knowing it would come back, but I would still love it for my son if given the chance. Another 48 hrs. w/o D in his life would be like a gift from God, even if small would still be a great gift. If I'm sad later, I can handle it knowing he got that short reprieve.

Kinda like if I could have 48 hrs. w/ my mom and dad knowing they would be gone again after the 48 hrs. I would take it. ;)

5. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

As far as Reann goes, nothing would change for me as she is married and not at home anymore. I would wish it was for longer tho and then I would tell her to go ahead and get pg and hope the reprieve from D lasted till she had a healthy baby.

6. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

If I had no medical conditions at all I would spend the two days running and swimming and biking and stuff like that, because it is harder to run when you have to carry so much stuff. Also I would eat a ton.
    Of course, if I got just diabetes off for just right now it wouldn't do me much good because I am recovering from surgery and stuck at home without any appetite anyways.

7. jules12

jules12 Approved members

We would jump in the car and head anywhere - no plans - no thinking ahead - just spur of the moment decisions - that is what I miss the most - everything has to be thought out!

Of course there would be lots and lots of snacks, swimming, etc. along the way!

8. emm142

emm142 Approved members

If we're going to make the jump to no medical conditions at all, I would go to the beach somewhere properly hot, and be able to lie outside in the sun all day, and I wouldn't have to wear long sleeved shirts and trousers and shoes the whole time in summer, or wear UV protective shirts etc for swimming. I could actually walk barefoot on the beach for longer than 10-15 minutes. And I wouldn't go home until I WANTED to. I would stay in the sun between 11 and 2, when I usually can't, and by the end of the day I wouldn't be covered in hives and have an insanely high BG. That would be really good. I could do all the things I said I wanted to do before, and do it all whilst in the sun...