- advertisement -

I'm a faker, she's a faker, wouldn't you like to be a faker too?? :)

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by frizzyrazzy, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

All I'd do differently is not take insulin and not check bg, everything else would be business as usual

2. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

Go to bed without the cell phone right next to me (he lives in his own place now and I can't sleep unless I know someone can call me in an emergency)

Get up in the morning and bake all day - and invite him over for Pizza and all the baked goods he can eat before going to bed.

ahhh - nice thoughts.

3. Christopher's Mom

Christopher's Mom Approved members

Roger and I: Sleep in - no night checks
    Chris: Sleep in - no finger pricks

We also would go to some type of Park.

Just for two days we would take our signs off the front and back doors - Do you have Chris's kit? :)

Great Post - nice to think about!

4. Reese'sMom

Reese'sMom Approved members

I love this answer!:) I think that pretty much sums it up for us too. :) I guess I probably wouldn't be checking in on CWD either:(

5. colebenmom

colebenmom Approved members

The thought of it was so overwhelming, I cried....

I would just "drop" Ben off at practice, I would not talk to the school nurses (they would probably send out a search party we email so much), I would let B eat whatever he wanted, whenever he wanted and sit back, relax and watch him just "be"...

6. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Ok..my 48 hours of life back.....

Me...lock myself in bedroom and sleep for half and spend rest with family doing fun stuff and eat whatever without weighing.:)

Tresston....let him go wherever, do whatever (within reson) and i dont have to tag along WHOO HOO !!!!:D

Ellijah......give him more one on one time with me and hubby, and do whatever he wants

Hubby......whatever he wants...within reason.:D

7. Tigerlilly's mom

Tigerlilly's mom Approved members

The only thing I could come up with is cottage candy and fried dough, and Tyler eating all of it that he wants without my stress.

8. hughsfan30

hughsfan30 Approved members

Wow a whole 48 hours! I would let the boy play out all day without having to check in every half hour, I could downsize my bag from a backpack to a purse, pardon my french but bake a big ass cake and slather ice cream on top and let him eat it for dinner!

My brother says as soon as they find a cure the first thing he is eating is crunchberries in strawberry milk! lol

Dare to dream!

9. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Being that recently on a FB quiz, I'm supposedly a Hobbit, who dislikes adventure:rolleyes:, I would probably not change much, excepting going to bed at 8pm.

10. emm142

emm142 Approved members

PIZZA!

I'd probably eat 3 pizzas in a row, followed by a couple slices of cheesecake and a regular soda. Then, I would probably go out with friends and drink something alcoholic (not enough to make me lose my memory of the evening or anything, but usually I can't drink more than a sip of anything alcoholic without major lows during the night. I'd love to just do it once without caring). Then I would go home and sleep until 12 without having to get up and check my sugar. Then I would get up, and eat 3 bowls of cheerios for breakfast, and 2 glasses of OJ....

It's fun dreaming about this.

I wish I was a faker.

11. RosemaryCinNJ

RosemaryCinNJ Approved members

I would not have to worry about the "case" and bringing it everywhere Amanda goes...speaking of goes....we could just GO!!! leaving the case behind, no worrys..Just a day free of not watching your child like a hawk when they are playing..oh and lets not forget sleep...ahhhhhh.. :)

12. hypercarmona

hypercarmona Approved members

Mine is pretty simple:

I'd go running before breakfast and the only thing I'd take with me is a cell phone. I would run until I had to walk, and I wouldn't worry about my BG at all. Then I'd come back home and have a BIG breakfast. Belgian waffles, at least four of them, real syrup, sausage and a tall glass of OJ for the heck of it. Just because I could. Then I'd have a "normal" day, but only without all the extra little things diabetes throws in. We'd do school, but I wouldn't think about my BG creeping up. I'd not worry about what lunch is going to do to my BG if I need to go out right after. I wouldn't worry about having to bring so much friggin food for myself if I want to take the boys to the park. I'd find something else to worry about.

Then I'd take a hammer to my meter, and would probably get arrested for making a bonfire in my backyard with all the D crap I've collected over the years.

13. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

Me - stop forgetting the Lantus for 48 hours. We're on school break, schedule out of wack.

Manning - go to lacrosse without checking BG. Eat a medium pizza (he would this normally if I let him) all by himself chased with a devil dog :D.

Dad - not have to call me to figure out what I:C ratio to use. No 4am checks

DS1 and 2 - wrestle and pick on little brother...wait they do this anyway. :p

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  14. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

This thread made me realize two things ...

#1. Thinking about what we'd do, I had to ask, "well, what can't she do right now, that she'd like to?" .... crickets.
    And that's sort of nice ;) to be reminded that she can do pretty much anything that I can imagine her wanting to do, even with D, assuming we "manage" things
    Which led me to realization
    #2, and it's less nice. That I would take a pass on these days. I honestly think it would break my heart to see her living 48 hrs without "managing" only to see her go back to managing. :(

It's a bit like your analogy about pumping, Michelle, from a different thread. Once you fly First, going back to Coach feels all the crappier. I think having D lifted, only to get it back, would just about kill me.:(

Sorry to be such a bummer - I think more coffee is called for.

15. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Mine is pretty similar :p. First off, I would eat pancakes----with REGULAR SYRUP, and lots of it. (I hate sf so I don't eat pancakes at all) Then there's the Pizza :D. And I would drink grape soda (why can't they make it in diet??!!) then go out someplace with the youth group with my brother and go ice skating or something without worrying about lows, and go eat something nice and italian without thinking about it. Then the next morning I would sleep til noon without eating breakfast at 8am. I'd love a 48 hour break. It'd give me some time to satisfy my cravings.

16. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

I would wish for another 48 hours!!!;)

17. manic4titans

manic4titans Approved members

LOL I thought about that too. But I would go a step further and wish for a lifetime.

18. Judy&Alli

Judy&Alli Approved members

Couldn't agree more!!!!!!!!

19. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

go ahead and hate me-MIL takes Tony for 2 days on the weekends while dh is working offshore-the catch? I have a baby that still wakes me up every two hours lol. I also run errands that I'd rather not do with a 3 year old and baby together.
    But for him, without diabetes, I'd let him sleep in, eat whatever whenever he wants, take him to the mall to that ice cream place that puts globs of candy on ice cream and let him have at it, then give him a slurpee which was his favorite before diabetes. I'd take him to his cousins house and let him play without checking him a billion times cause he goes low.

20. hmmmcormick

hmmmcormick Approved members

Okay, you are killing me here! LOL
    If we are just taking away d, nothing really changes here except no shots or finger pokes.
    I don't like to play the "faker" game. But, you sucked me in. A couple of you mentioned that they were going to dream, they would dream big and take away all medical issues. Thanks alot! Now I am bawling my head off. :eek:

I imagined 48 hrs. of Morgan having no issues. There would be no rest for us. We wouldn't sleep for 48 hrs. trying to do it all. Talking all night, getting him a bike and riding, going to the playgrounds, doing anything and everything we could possibly squeeze in in 48 hrs. And, then it would end. And, now I know I couldn't possibly do it, not if it was just for 48 hrs.