- advertisement -

I'll just go ahead and say it: WHAT ELSE??

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Brensdad, Oct 4, 2010.

1. lil'Man'sMom

lil'Man'sMom Approved members

So sorry to hear this terrible news. :(

Prayers for Emma and your family.

2. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

Oh my gosh...I am sitting here just crying my eyes out for little Emma...:( She puts up with so much, and so does your family. Give her a big hug from me and my family...we will be keeping you in our prayers daily...

Stay strong....for that beautiful little girl that has captured alot of hearts around here....

3. hdm42

hdm42 Approved members

I'm so sorry. You are absolutely entitled to ask "what else?" and "why me?". I hope the dx is wrong, and I hope she's feeling better soon. Please tell Emma that we're all thinking about her.

4. MReinhardt

MReinhardt Approved members

I'm at a loss for words... I'll be praying for you, your family, and the drs.

5. Lance

Lance Approved members

My heart is just breaking for your gorgeous little Emma, and for all of her family members. As someone else pointed out, it certainly can take a toll on all of you. Our family will keep you in our prayers.

6. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Sorry to hear about little Emma.. Hope she's feeling better from her trip to the ER and hospital.

7. Rachel

Rachel Approved members

I am so very sorry to hear the news. Thinking of you all.

8. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

So sorry to hear this. Going to send you a PM

9. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

I am so sorry to hear of beautiful Emma's struggles, will be thinking of her & your family in the coming days.

10. lynn

lynn Approved members

I have been praying for your daughter and family for years and will continue to do so. You guys are the gold standard in strong family.

11. buggle

buggle Approved members

Big hugs to you all.

12. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I am so sorry, that is NOT FAIR! I feel sick and sad that you guys have all that to deal with:(

13. Jensmami

Jensmami Approved members

I am so sorry - you are right it is NOT fair!

14. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

I'm very sorry.:( It breaks my heart.
    I don't know what else to say.:(

15. redheadmom

redheadmom Approved members

My heart goes out to you. I grew up with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis (diagnosed at age 3), and now I am also a type 1 diabetic. I have been on daily steroids for 14 years, and each day is a struggle to balance the blood sugars with the steroids. I feel like I have been on every arthritis drug known to man, and still the disease wages its war.

Having seen what my parents went through raising me and my sick brother (who has JRA and chrone's, and is now on an insulin pump), I have a glimpse as to the questions and feelings you must have. I think one of the biggest things is that they were SO tired, so tired dealing with the daily struggles of all of these diseases.

I guess I just wanted to let you know that people care, that your questions and feelings are normal, and that there is hope...

16. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I am really sorry to hear this. Your family is in my thoughts.
    This just really, really stinks.

17. curediabetes14

curediabetes14 Approved members

My family and I will be keeping you guys in our prayers. She is such a beautiful girl and obviously a tough one. Hang in there and keep us posted.

18. tom_ethansdad

tom_ethansdad Approved members

I've always been afraid to ask "what else?" because I'm not sure I want the answer. And it's OK to say "it's not fair" because it really isn't. That is a tremendous burden for any child, any family, to have to take on. You have my utmost respect.

19. ecs1516

ecs1516 Approved members

I am so sorry. Big hugs. I don't know if you want other options but when my neighbor's daughter was having a second opinion done , they flew to the Mayo Clinic where they met with a panel of doctors to discuss if they had the right diagnosis I believe. This was about ten years ago though.

Also, if you do the inhaled steriods make sure her mouth is washed out good after each treatment. I was using an inhaled steroid just twice a day for about two weeks and I got thrush. Still trying to get rid of the Thrush now.

20. BrokenPancreas

BrokenPancreas Banned

I totally agree with Carol.
    She could have something that is causing all these other things.

There is a Dr. that deals with cases like this, I actually saw it on Discovery Health.

He takes very few patients, I'm sure he would take Emma, and he finds out that people with a myriad of problems, usually have something else.

I'm going to call Discovery Health and email them to find out this doctors name.