- advertisement -

Idol contestant is diabetic..

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Denise, Mar 3, 2010.

1. Denise

Denise Approved members

2. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

ohhhh, she is my favorite of the girls. I was wondering what was wrong with her when they announced she was in the hospital - I really hope she makes it far in this competition.

3. Lee

Lee Approved members

Funny - I had no clue that she was a diabetic, but when I read that a girl was unable to perform due to illness but would be better the next day, my mind immediately jumped to T1!

4. MyAngelEmma

MyAngelEmma Approved members

Yep, I posted a link over in the parents section when I heard about her being Type1 last night.

I hope everything is going okay for her and she is able to perform tonight as planned. As one of the other parents mentioned perhaps she will mention Type 1 in her intro.

5. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

6. VinceysMom

VinceysMom Approved members

Elliott Yamen (sp?) who was a contestant in a prior year, also is Type 1. I believe he came in second place? :)

7. Deannas mom

Deannas mom Approved members

Yes Elliott was our favorite even before we knew he was type 1..I have been following him on twitter.. he was in Chile when the earthquake hit and was running low on insulin!..he had only brought enough supplies with him for the few days he was going to be there..(lesson learned Elliott..always bring more than you think you will need!!) I really hope Crystal will perform tonight.. I think she will..she looks like a fighter..

8. TEXSONMOM

TEXSONMOM Approved members

I just read a post by her on Twitter. She said her "betes" is under control and she will be back on tonight.

9. Mistync991

Mistync991 Approved members

very interesting...it would be kinda cool from the d side if they had a blog that showed how they dealt with d during all of it im sure preforming under that kinda stress makes for some crazy hi's and low's

10. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

She did a great job.. she's my favorite.. she's just one of those that you can listen to and not worry if she's going to miss a note.

11. Lee

Lee Approved members

She was amazing last night - my fav girl by far!

12. shekov

shekov Approved members

she's my fav too! cool that she's type 1. I mean cool connection for me, not cool for her.:eek: