- advertisement -

Ideas for lancet devices?

Discussion in 'Other Diabetes Products' started by vallecito93, Oct 27, 2007.

1. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

We are currently using the lancet device from the free style flash. I was just wondering if there was another brand that you may prefer? Thanks

2. 3js

3js Approved members

3. Momto4

Momto4 Approved members

I agree - We use the ACCU-CHEK Multiclix Lancing Device and love it.

4. Budapest

Budapest Approved members

We also use the FreeStyle meters, but asked Accu-check for a sample multiclix. They even sent a free meter with the free lancer.

However I don't like that the Multiclix pokes off-center. We now use Softclix that are equally minimal pain devices but hold only one lancet like other traditional lancers.

5. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

Ditto -- we switched from the Freeystyle Flash device to the Multiclix -- WAY better.

6. vallecito93

vallecito93 Approved members

Thanks for all the replies. This maybe a silly question but do you get your insurance companies to cover the lancets? The DE gave us a bunch when we left the hospital and I haven't had to buy any yet. I am just wondering if I need a Rx for the new lancets when we change. I guess it depends on my insurance, huh. Some of our supplies are cheaper for us to buy out right instead of going through our insurance. It is such a rip off game they play. Our syringes are $40 if we go through insurance and $28 if we don't. Who gets the best benefit? Not us. Sorry just a little rant... Thanks again for the info.

7. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I like the multiclix too, if you call accu-chek customer service, and tell them you would like to try it, they will most likely send you one out, I got both of mine free from them. For insurance to cover anything you do need a presrciption, but like you said, sometimes it is cheaper to get them with out insurance. Lancets can be bought over the counter, the ones for the multiclix, run about 12 dollars. Most lancets are 100 count boxes and cost10-12 dollars, and they last forever, if you dont change them as often as prescribed.:rolleyes:

8. funnygrl

funnygrl Approved members

I also use the Multiclix, it's fabulous. I often see Aviva's in drug store ads for like $9. You can buy that, send in the rebate, and have the device plus an extra meter for free. I did that like 3 times.

9. jendean

jendean Approved members

Multiclix is our choice.
    Look at the ADA website, to see when the next EXPO is in your area. Go to it, and load up on free meters, they all come with lancet devices. Accucheck makes the multiclix, but sometimes we like a small one too. I cant remember who makes it.
    You can try and see what you like the best.

10. FeeferGross

FeeferGross Approved members

Multiclix rocks!!!

11. DiabetesBlogger

DiabetesBlogger New Member