- advertisement -

I win "Most embarrasing Mom" award today

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by timnshann, Oct 20, 2010.

1. timnshann

timnshann Approved members

I woke up this morning and saw the notice for "spirit week" for the kids school. Today is football jersey day.
    This is a big deal for the kids because they wear uniforms so they were super excited to put on jerseys and jeans...

I get the call 1/2 hour later, that "spirit week" is NEXT week. Oh, and the kids...
    sitting in the office waiting for me to bring a change of clothes since they aren't allowed in class without uniforms on.:eek:

I was trying not to laugh but the sight of my 2, angry kids sitting in the office in their very cute football uniforms,
    with arms crossed and mad looks on their faces was just...:eek:

At least I didn't dress them up for farmer day yesterday:rolleyes:

2. shekov

shekov Approved members

This is somethinf I would do. And I would think it was funny. :D

3. PixieStix

PixieStix Approved members

This made me laugh--can just imagine the "stink eye" looks waiting on the bench for you when you arrived:D

Who could have ever known how darn hard this mom job could be--try so hard and we just are always stumbling! You were just practicing so they'll look great next week!

4. mom24grlz

mom24grlz Approved members

LOL! My kids love spirit week. The one day they had the break the rules day, where they could wear anything they wanted (within reason). Ashleigh wore pajamas to school LOL!

5. RomeoEcho

RomeoEcho Approved members

They'll laugh about it some day. When I was a kid, maybe first grade, my mother sent me to school in my superman pajamas for haloween, a week early. I think it's hysterical now.

6. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

Laughing here.

7. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Oh, too funny!

Something I'd do too.:eek:

8. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

something I'd do. I suppose your "punishment" was having to bring in a change of clothes, not to mention mad kids!

9. Jessica L

Jessica L Approved members

To funny! My boys would never forgive me lol.

10. Lisa1001

Lisa1001 Approved members

I did that to my oldest one year. Except it was dress crazy day of some sort, and I sent him to school in mismatched socks, backwards shirt, mismatched shoes, and some other stuff. I remembered pretty early in the day, but I'm sure the bus driver and kids on the bus wondered what the heck was up with him at first.

11. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

LOL a laugh before bed is just what I needed tonight...Thanks:D

12. Charlotte'sMom

Charlotte'sMom Approved members

I used to teach 5th grade. One day I misunderstood the announcements and told my class the next day was Pajama Day. So the next day I had a bunch of students show up in pajamas, when it was actually the next week. Oh, they were mad at me. :eek:

ETA: I made sure they earned lots of "table points" or whatever incentive program I had going at the time, to reward their efforts, since it was my fault!

13. Bsbllmom

Bsbllmom Approved members

LOL!! That is hilarious!! I would have laughed all the way to the school. :D