- advertisement -

I want more data

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lakeman, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

Love the CGM.

But really! The only data I get is BG and trends. I am really wanting to know how many carbs were eaten and when, how many units were given and when.

I understand Night Scout does this.

Come on Dex - Step up!

2. Megnyc

Megnyc Approved members

Do you mean you want the info in the cloud? You can easily enter carbs and insulin given on the receiver or app and see it when you view the data on Clarity.

3. StacyMM

StacyMM Approved members

I don't have the kids enter it but I try to use it at night so I can figure out changes. Just go to Events. However, I agree that Nightscout has the most options for tracking everything.

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

I want the CGM to allow alarms at different times. For example, we have the high threshold set higher due to school and her not wanting it going off in class (14 year old 'nuff said). However, from 2:30, I would like it on.

5. Dad of Daughters

Dad of Daughters Approved members

Not sure what is being asked for here? Dex has this tracking functionality but requires the activities to be entered, same as every other system to the best of my knowledge.

6. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

the 530g and enlite does do this, we are doing exactly what you are asking for. High alarm off at school but on afterschool. We are trialing it right now and have been pleasantly surprised with the enlite sensors.

7. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Upload pump and dex and meter to diasend and you'll have it all in one place.

8. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

We are trialing the Medtronic 530g and enlite sensor with linked BG meter and Carelink has a report that I like that shows everything chronologically. Not sure if your different devices can be uploaded togeather?

9. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

T slim and Dexcom are definitely both uploadable to Diasend..

10. quiltinmom

quiltinmom Approved members

Ditto! I wish I could set it to vibrate at school but beep (loud) during the night, without having to change it back and forth every day.

And while we are making requests, I'd also like to be able to move the 3 or 6 hour graph backward, instead of having to change it to 12 or 24 hr. To see what happened earlier in the day or night before. The graph is just too small to be able to read it very well when you have all 24 hrs crammed into that tiny space.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  11. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

No kidding! Definitely one of the things I preferred about the Medtronic CGM.

12. cdninct

cdninct Approved members

I loved that about the Medtronic CGM, too!

13. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Interesting. I think it would be a hard sell on my kids as they have seen friends struggle with the enlite. But, I wouldn't mind it!

We were in clinic yesterday and I saw for the first time the print outs of the G5, definitely harder to pick up the patterns with the new layout. Our doc said that they have complained loudly to Dexcom.

14. Lakeman

Lakeman Approved members

Sorry. I meant I want the data live on my phone so I can be out watching the numbers and carbs, etc. and call back with advice without having to ask a bunch of questions.

I am not really asking a question so much as venting and inviting others to give their opinions on what they would like.

15. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

The Medtronic connect device does some of this.

I have only been able to use this at home because we only have an wifi ipad, but the connect device takes the information from the pump and uploads it to carlink. it does it at the same time daily but you can go and ask carelink to upload the pump remotesly. So If I had a an iphone with her instead of the her android with Nightscout, I could set up the down load to auto upload before lunch so i knew what happend with boluses at school and the report looks like this.

10:52:00 AM 213 [24.24nA]

11:03:12 AM 211 Linked Meter - S/N: C9BA62
    Bolus Wizard Estimate:
    Carbs: 38 grams
    BG: 211 mg/dL
    BG Target: 111 - 111 mg/dL
    Carb Ratio: 15 grams/Unit
    Insulin Sensitivity: 66 mg/dL per U
    Food Bolus: 2.5 Units
    Correction Bolus: 1.5 Units
    Active Insulin: 1.1 Units
    Bolus Est.: 2.9 Units
    Unabsorbed Insulin: 1.1 U
    11:03:47 AM N: 2.9 U 38
    11:04:11 AM Sensor Alert: Low Glucose Predicted
    Calibration BG: 211 mg/dL (Linked)
    Calibration BG: 211 mg/dL (Linked)
    11:06:00 AM
    11:07:00 AM 141 [19.24nA]
    11:12:00 AM 154 [20.52nA]
    11:17:00 AM 171 [18.56nA]
    11:22:00 AM 160 [16.48nA]
    11:27:00 AM 148 [15.5nA]
    11:32:00 AM 129 [12.68nA]
    11:34:22 AM Sensor Alert: Low Glucose Predicted
    11:37:00 AM 115 [12.34nA]
    11:42:00 AM 133 [17.92nA]
    11:47:00 AM 155 [19.72nA]
    11:52:00 AM 169 [19.78nA]

Then I could upload after lunch or around snack time and see whe sensor reading and how much IOB there is. The connect device also can text you the alarms and reminders notifications with I like, the following is a list of the things it can text you about.

Notifications
    Low Sensor Glucose
    Threshold Suspend
    Insulin Delivery stopped
    Advanced Notifications
    High Sensor Glucose
    Sensor Glucose Predictive Alerts
    Low SG Predicted
    High SG Predicted
    Sensor Data Stopped
    SG Rate of Change
    Rise Alert