advertisement

I see many new studies for a cure

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Andrelaplume, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Andrelaplume

Andrelaplume Approved members

I have been away from these forums for some time biding my time hoping Dr Faustman's work will lead to a cure. I was surprised when I did a search showing there were a number of other studies underway. I am trying not to become jaded. If any of these studies actually had folks suddenly NOT needing insulin...would you think the word would get out? If you were a parent whose child were in a program and it was working, even if you agreed to keep quiet...could you? And does this say something about the various studies underway? By the time Dr F's testing is done I believe it will have been over a decade...if not already...thats a long time..funny, think how far cell phones have come in a decade....

rgcainmd likes this.
  2. rgcainmd

rgcainmd Approved members

The human pancreas is far more complex than a cell phone. While I remain guardedly hopeful, I am not holding my breath while waiting for a cure during my daughter’s lifetime.

katerinas likes this.
  3. C. Leigh

C. Leigh New Member

I'm new to this as my daughter was diagnosed a month ago. But I remember first learning about T1 when I was in highschool and hearing about research for a cure. Like so many other diseases, all of this research results in better medicine and technology but not a cure unfortunately. The only thing I have seen cured in my lifetime is chicken pox I think.

katerinas likes this.
  4. wilf

wilf Approved members

There are ongoing improvements in ways of managing the diabetes. No cure in sight.

katerinas and rgcainmd like this.