- advertisement -

I need to whine

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Heather(CA), Nov 29, 2010.

1. BrendaK

BrendaK Neonatal Diabetes Registry

One of my first celiac symptoms was exhaustion after I ate. I'd have to lie down on the couch after EVERY meal! Hope you get checked out, and feel better!

2. Marie4Julia

Marie4Julia Approved members

Hi Heather - I'm sorry you feel bad:(. I don't know about the stomach problems... IBS?

As for the joint pain - I would ask "any family history of autoimmune disorders?", but I don't need to:rolleyes:. Have you been checked for Rheumatoid Arthritis? I know some of the first symptoms are wrist pain and joint pain that tends to migrate.

I hope you start feeling better.

3. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

My CBC was completely normal, yet my celiac antibodies were through the roof... You just never know.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2010
  4. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Isn't fibromyalgia painful? I usually feel better in the afternoon tried wise, it's like I can't get anything accomplished before noon:rolleyes: I think I should go get screened for Celiac and food intolerances. It's almost like I don't want to know if it's Celiac, I was on a very restricted diet as a kid and I don't want to go back on it:(

5. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

I have what I consider a repetative stress injury. My left wrist gets painful from time to time. Even though I am right handed, I've noticed that I use my left arm to lift heavy things. And I use it to hold toddler's legs up while I change their diapers!:D So sometimes it starts to hurt and if I wear a brace for awhile, it gets better. It's not carpel tunnel syndrome probably but the same idea. I'm thinking your situation is different though...I was just throwing that idea out there just in case.

I agree with the others. Get a dr to check into all the possibilities. Celiac would be stressful but ruling it out would be great and even finding out it is celiac would solve the mystery and help you start feeling better.:cwds:

6. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

True, I'm being a big baby about it...I just remember being traumatized by PB@J on rice bread sandwiches:eek: Yuck!

7. Lucky 868

Lucky 868 Approved members

I'm repeating what several others have suggested - go to the doctor for a checkup. I understand why you are probably hesitant to go...you don't have time to go or to be sick. The bloating and continual stomach ache worries me. Sometimes we get ourselves overly worried and put off the doctor, then we eventually go and find out it is something minor and wonder why we didn't go earlier.

Take care,
    Cyndy
    Mom of N, 17

8. Yellow Tulip

Yellow Tulip Approved members

There are some really good tasting gluten free breads out there now. Many more choices than years ago. The rice bread does look disgusting, though. It feels like a heavy brick, not bread.

9. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

When I ate gluten free (long story, was for five months five years ago), I didn't eat gluten free bread; I just didn't eat any bread at all. It was cheaper and tastier for the most part to cook from scratch. I spent a lot of time cooking, actually. It was slightly problematic because I hadn't really realized that I get a lot of my vitamins from what is added to processed foods, and I wasn't eating very much processed foods.

10. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

Like blood flowing faster ?

IF it is stress-related, try to swim to really relax the joints or get massages.

Hope you find the cause and RELIEF!

11. piratelight

piratelight Approved members

I edited some but kept a lot of the above - this is me - my right hand goes numb at times, especially at night, both hips hurt frequently, headaches, clenching jaw, and bilateral foot pain that xrays and blood work have not revealed a cause for - even saw a podiatrist. I have made an appt with my Dr and will get more blood work done. I'm freaked by some of the possibilities of chronic pain in multiple places.

12. Bigbluefrog

Bigbluefrog Approved members

Bump up from the past....
    Just wondering if you ever discovered what was causing these symptoms!

Celiac? Low thyroid? Fibromyalgia? Stress?

13. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

I was gonna ask about low thyroid as well.

14. lisanc

lisanc Approved members

I have started eating gluten free just because it helps my joints ... my doctor also agrees that many of his patients who go gluten free have less joint pain. Osteo Biflex also seems to help with the joints.

Sorry you are experiencing so much pain :(

15. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

I would suggest sleeping with wrist braces on, you probably curl your hands under like I do, it cuts off some circulation, and you get carple tunnel symptoms. It would get really bad when I would get pregnant.

hope your feeling better.