- advertisement -

I need to vent...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Missynoodle, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Missynoodle

Missynoodle Approved members

I need to vent. I am absolutely so frustrated. I have a 15 year old VERY active son. He is on a T-Slim pump. Insurance pays for ONE box of infusion sets a month. That is one every three days. If he swims, sweats, wrestles or even pulls his pants down wrong, the stupid things can come out. Needless to say we have been without sites for a week now. I just called and his shipment won't go out until tomorrow.

We leave for Dallas on Friday to take him to Camp Sweeney on Sunday. He will be there for three weeks. I am having the supplies shipped to Dallas so HOPEFULLY we get them before we drop him off on Sunday, but if they don't deliver on Sunday, it is going to royally stink.

We use IV preps and IV 3000. I just ordered from Amazon $50.00 of waterproof sticky tape to hopefully keep the sites I can't get my hands on down. We all want to spend a ton on money on tape, right?!?

Yes, he could do shots while he is gone, but why have a stinking pump if you can't use it because of stupid insurance.

Over the past few months I have exhausted every possible thing I know to do. This "black market" that people talk about, where is it? Because I may need to find it before Sunday.

Thank you for listening. I do feel a tad better. :)

Missy
    Mom to Henry, 15, and Hannah, 25, both T1D

P.S. Oh and the camp wants him to have 18 sites with him. Yeah, that isn't going to happen. :(

2. Ali

Ali Approved members

First see if your Dr will write a prescription and medical necessity for a two day change of sets. Also go into your Drs and talk with the your endo or the diabetes nurse about ways to keep sets on though exercise that you might not have explored yet. Sorry.I use GrifGrips tape to hold my sets and CGMS on and it works well, I do have to replace the tape but you can pull it off and put new tape on. I find the best to be the tape on a roll so you can just cut off what you want.