- advertisement -

I just got awesome news

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by ccarrol4, Sep 18, 2008.

1. ccarrol4

ccarrol4 Approved members

Ok, I haven't had insurance since I was 18, and it's been a real struggle for both my parents and myself trying to come up with the money to buy all the supplies I needed, my parents never let me do without. Well, a few weeks ago, I applied for 2 different programs, 1 that will provide my lantus for a year and the other that will provide my novolog for a year, after a year I can reapplly. Well, I just found out I got approved to receive my lantus!!!! YAY! My first 3 month supply of lantus is sitting at my endo's office right now waiting on either me or my mom to go pick it up. We're gonna get it Monday when I go for my appointmen!!! I'm seriously soooo excited. We're still waiting to hear from Novo Nordisk (I believe that's the program), but I'm hoping since I got approved for one, I'll be elligible for the other, which can take up to 4wks to process. What's really awesome is that my birthday is tomorrow, what an awesome birthday present to know that we won't have to come up with the 3600 dollars that I spend each year for the lantus alone. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!! :) :) :D

2. zell828

zell828 Approved members

Cassie, that's great! :D

Happy Birthday!

3. betty6333

betty6333 Approved members

Yeah ! ! that is great!

4. Midwestmomma

Midwestmomma Approved members

That is great news !!!!:D

5. Flutterby

Flutterby Approved members

Woo HOO so glad that you are getting help with that.. what kind of strips do you use? freestyle has the promise program, you pay the first $15, they pay the next $50 and you pay the remaining amount. if you use a different brand, call that company and see if they have a similar program, most do..

I'm so glad that you got help with the Lantus, I'm sure the novolog will come through too!

6. ilesha

ilesha Approved members

What wonderful news!!! Congrats!

7. punky1076

punky1076 Approved members

That is great news!! I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you may have already tried this program but if not here is the link. www.pparx.org It is a prescription assistance program for people who do not have insurance. I know Norvo Nordisk that makes Novolog participates. I called to ask about the program but they won't help at all if you have any type of insurance. :( If you haven't already check with them to see if they have a company to provide diabetic supplies like lancets, test strips, too.

8. ccarrol4

Thanks for the responses everyone :)

Thanks for the link. That's the site I used to find the programs I've applied for :). There wasn't one for strips.

9. ccarrol4

Thanks for the info! I've looked at this program before, but it said you had to have some type of insurance to be elligible.