- advertisement -

I have a Question

Discussion in 'Adults with Type 1' started by Daxdog, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

As an adult with t 1, how often do you go to the endo? Do you do ALL of your insulin adjustments yourself?

2. KeltonsMom

KeltonsMom Approved members

I go to the Endo every 4 months or more often if I am having a serious problem with my numbers..I do adjust my dosage myself and then tell the Endo what I have done at my next visit or by email.

3. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

Thanks! :)

4. hypercarmona

hypercarmona Approved members

I go to the endo for my prescriptions and to get an A1c done, usually every 3-4 months. Unless I'm really, really sick, I do all of my adjustments by myself. I believe what the endos say to be "advice", but I retain the right to do what I think is best for me and not listen if I feel the advice is unneccesary or dangerous. ;)

5. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

I see my endo about every 4 months, and I do 100% of my own insulin adjustments. I have called to talk to my endo for emergency advice on two occasions, when I was throwing up and ketotic.

6. lilituc

lilituc Approved members

I go every 6 months, but my endo said I could do every 12 if I wanted (I don't). New patients or those who need more adjustment go every 3 months.

I do all my own adjustments.

7. missincali

missincali Approved members

I go to my endo every three months. But see my actual Endo every six months. One visit I'll see the nurse and the next I'll see him, I usually suggest all the adjustments but I personally don't do it all myself. I hope you figure it out. This place is awesome for getting answers for things you want to know.

8. whistler

whistler Approved members

I go every 3 months because I like to get my A1C to see how I'm doing. He always asks if I want to wait 6 months, but I like to see that number, so I'll continue going every 3. I'm usually only in there for about 5 minutes. I do all of my own ajustments.

9. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

1x a year, email if needed, blood tests q3m, she emails me the results
    I've always done my own adjustments, she doesn't live with me to see what's going on.
    I do see her at fund raising functions!

10. mainliner

mainliner New Member

I go to the endo every six months and do all of my own adjustments.

11. DebEMT

DebEMT Approved members

I haven't seen an endo at all in about 6 years. My family doc takes care of writing my scripts for me. I do all of my adjustments on my own.

Deb in Southern Illinois

12. clb1968

clb1968 Approved members

I see the endo every 3 months right now, new endo, we go over my numbers at the visits and make adjustments there if needed and make them at home all the time on my own.
    If I am having a problem or have a questiion, I will email her of the CDE and they give me suggestions and I act on the ones I think will work.

13. sofaraway

sofaraway Approved members

I go every year but i'm looking to see if I can get back sooner, every 6 months maybe.
    i do 95% of adjustments myself. i have been advised by a nurse today about what to change my basal dose to, i will try it, but i take it as a suggestion rather than an order.
    When i speak to my usual nurse about my doses usually it's just to run through what I'm thinking, rather than wanting her to tell me what to do.

14. PowerPumper

PowerPumper New Member

I tell my endo what my rates are once a year. i live with it, so I manage it. I do ask him questions though.

My GP handles my prescriptions, mostly, and my bloodwork. I go to the lab quarterly.