- advertisement -

I hate diabetes (Y)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by blink4me57, Sep 27, 2010.

1. blink4me57

blink4me57 Approved members

i wish diabetes could go fall in a hole and die ! :)
    sometimes, its like impossible to try and stay positive about it.
    i mean, there really is no upside to diabetes,
    and its just really frustrating to have to all the time be carrying around, snacks, kits, needles, and crap when your friends don't even need anything.
    to have to sit down, measure, and inject everytime you want to have a snack,
    and to be having to eat random times in the day, during class, or at like 3 am.
    it just really SUCKS, and i mean. like are we even close to a cure at all ?.
    and wttff is with the cost? i mean a dollar a test strip ??
    im just so pissed off that i have diabtetes, and unlike a cold that you can fight off or get rid of, ill never get better from my diabetes.
    :S :( .

2. blink4me57

blink4me57 Approved members

oh, and i have no idea why underneath whatever anything i write it says ".,smile,." if anyone knows how to change that tell me :)

3. WiscoJim

WiscoJim Approved members

Dont really know what to tell you. If you spend all your time thinking about how bad you have it, your whole life will be pretty miserable. Just take it for what its worth and be happy that you can actually control diabetes unlike other diseases..

4. Ashti

Ashti Approved members

I hear you!

Type One is unrelenting. You do not have to stay positive about it 24/7. It is a very big deal, lots of work and calculations, and things to carry around with you. It is not fair, it is a pain, and it never stops.

I know that you do what you have to do, and you do it very well.

You keep at it even though it is annoying. That is VERY admirable.

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

Awww. I'm sorry. I'm not sure how old you are, but it must be tough to be a teen with diabetes.

I know a lot of our teens find that they feel they have more freedom on the pump. Is that something that might be possible for you?

6. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

I know as a mother with a teen with T1D I hate D...so I can imagine how awful it is for you. I'm really sorry. Vent. Scream. Be mad...then if you can, move on. Talk to someone if you have trouble moving on from it.

7. krystalkat

krystalkat Approved members

What you do is go to the top of the screen and click "User CP".
    Scroll down and click on "Edit Signature".
    And you're there.

8. Ispoli16

Ispoli16 Approved members

Usually I don't mind it so much... But youre right it seriously does suck to eat at three a.m. Especially on a school night

9. Rayuzaki

Rayuzaki Approved members

ur absolutely right, D does suck, but its something u just get used to, its only another chore to take care of for me, with a lot mor taking care of than other chores. it helps that ther r two diabetics that i have classes with at school, tho. to get rid of the smile under wat u say, wen ur in the forums, click ur name at top rite corner of screen, then click on one of the tabs closest to the rite of screen with an arrow pointing down, ther ar 3 with the arrow, i dont remember the name of tab tho. after that, itll drop down and ull click on edit signature, ther, it should say "smile", u can then erase it.

10. Rayuzaki

just checked the tab, its quick links

11. LadyBug

LadyBug Approved members

yes, diabetes stinks. if only one of us had it, then there would be no upside. as it is, we have each other, to complain to, to celebrate with, to hold each other up. i think we need each other. look into pumping, that might be a good option for you. there's still a ton of stuff to haul around, in case the infusion set goes bad and you have to change it, but getting insulin is less of a production. eating at weird times is horrible, but at least we're here to eat. we are getting closer to a cure everyday, and in the meantime, the medical devices and treatments are getting better and better. keep you chin up, one day this will all be over.
    how long have you had D?

you don't have to click your name to get quick links, it's on the tool bar line under private messages in the upper right corner all the time:cool:

12. Rayuzaki

... uuuhhh... I knew that... :D

13. ShelbysMom

ShelbysMom Approved members

I'm right there with you honey! I wish it would fall in a hole, have a heart attack on the way down, break every bone when it hits bottom and then lay there for a couple of hours in pain before it dies!

But I do know that some days are worse than others and tomorrow is another day. Hang in there, you are not alone. Do your best and try not to stew. I find that if I quit stewing on it, my outlook improves.

14. mamamccoy87

mamamccoy87 Approved members

It must be so hard to be a teen with Type 1. As a parent its hard to watch your kid go through this and I feel bad for when my child has to take the reins of this many times out of control wagon.

But don't let it rob you of your life. Get mad and take that tiger by the tail and kick its butt. And if you are having a bad day, take the time to relax, regroup and recharge.

Hang in there and best of luck to you!

15. Pepper1

Pepper1 Approved members

My daughter is 14 and she hates it also

Its no fair is it, everyone else seems normal and don't have to test all the time and just sit down and have lunch at school, and don't have to inject etc, they don't have jellybeans in their school pocket for hypo's. PE is just PE for them, its torture for type 1's because my daughter often has a hypo then, depending on the time of the day etc. Her PE teacher is just an utter jumped up "abs man" and waste of space, even though I have spoken to him, he thinks she is "playing" on it, sigh!! Had to get the Dean in to sort that out.

My daughter is very angry she has to live with this for the rest of her life, she hates it also, carb counting etc, and she is also celiac so is harder for her.

Damn injections 4 times a day to live, because her pancreas died, it wasn't her fault, is so unfair on you kids, it really is, its a huge burden of hell.

You have my utter most sympathy and my daughters, no one understands until they walk in your shoes, like we do, the constant hell you kids live in, there is no holiday from it, I so wish there was.

New Zealand is making ground making progress is trying to find a cure, but its a long way off unfort, due to funding, but results look promising at this stage, but it will years in the coming.

Take care and heaps of love.

Alison and Laura.

16. Fulvio

Fulvio Banned

Dealing with diabetes is always very hard, but if you focus to much on the disease you will end up losing the good aspects of life, I am sure that you being a young person will overcome all the sadness pretty soon.

Best of luck to you. :)

17. icanhazjoy

icanhazjoy Approved members

Yeah, diabetes sucks. But there are upsides. It makes you eat healthier (whether you want to or not) and if you control it, you're healthier than a whole lot of the rest of the country, haha. They're kind of bland upsides, but they're there.

I do know that diabetes sucks... I'm probably the worst controlled diabetic ever (not by choice, I just... motivation, you know?) and it bears on me everyday that I'm shortening my life. I need to get it in gear. So I know how you feel. But if you're negative about it, it'll get you down unnecessarily. Life is life, and there are always going to be bumps in the road, just gotta take em as they come.

18. dejahthoris

dejahthoris Approved members

Awesome, more like Free Form Poetry than anything. This should be in a book. It really expresses what many of us feel but you really phrased it well!

19. Teenwithdiabetestype1

Teenwithdiabetestype1 Approved members

I Know what you mean...

I ve been diabetic for twelve years. I hate it so much!It has changed who i am! I don't even recognize the person I was before diabetes! I am one of the lucky ones, money isn't an issue, luckily. Sometimes I wish that I could close my eyes and open them again and be free of this disease.

20. Teenwithdiabetestype1

Teenwithdiabetestype1 Approved members

Me too!

Everyday i wish it would go away! Every single day! :mad: I hate diabetes so much.