- advertisement -

I hate chasing highs

Discussion in 'Teens' started by s0ccerfreak, Nov 23, 2008.

1. type?girl1018

type?girl1018 Approved members

Thanks Rae, sorry your low now:(. My reg doc doesnt know anything about d he was the one who thought i was type 2 when i was dx'd:eek:. i will call my endo again if i dont come down in an hour and if he doesnt give me a real answer ill just start correcting more and testing to avoid going low. not my idea of a fun night but i think you're right, d is having fun messing with us today!

2. diamondback688

diamondback688 Approved members

I'm sitting at 110 now.:D:D

3. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

I don't think my body allows in range numbers. I was up to 75, but now I'm 61:mad:

4. type?girl1018

Aww i'm sorry Rae. i hate being low even more than being high. i'm still at 287 so not really down much and i still have ketones. i hope you come up and stay there, but not too high just right.

5. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Awww Rae, I'm so sorry you're having such a crummy BG day. (((hugs)))
    ~~Emily.

6. s0ccerfreak

what are your ketones at?

7. diamondback688

Rae, Heather, how are you two feeling now?:D

8. type?girl1018

Right now they're at 1.2 on the precision extra meter. they were 1.0 before so theyre going in the wrong direction:(. i have no idea what to do and no explanation for it. maybe i'm getting sick? i sure hope not cuz that would just be crappy timing. just for the heck of it i just tested again and im 292. not good! grrrr........:mad:.

9. s0ccerfreak

I'm 113 and hoping to stick there for the rest of the night.

Are your parents in the loop on whats going on today? Have you tried your endo again? I'm not an expert on adding to your dose based on ketones, but there might be some wonderful ppl in the parent's forum that could help with that. If ketones and bg keep rising, the er may be calling you

10. type?girl1018

Yeah my mom knows whats been going on but shes asleep:rolleyes: and shes just as clueless as me. i think i will ask the parents it cant hurt. i tried the endo again but im waiting for them to call me back, it could be a while. i really want to avoid the er but i may not be able to huh? i guess ill just wait and see.

11. s0ccerfreak

Do ask the parents! I'll check in later to see how your doing. Hang in there.

12. diamondback688

Heather, how are you feeling now?

13. type?girl1018

14. s0ccerfreak

I'm glad to see they got you back down and you are doing alright today. I hate it when I'm high and people assume I ate something I shouldn't have or didn't take my insulin. I have also had people accuse me of knowingly overdosing to go low. Ya, people outside of our d world do not understand the randomness of d. It has a mind of its own... How long did your have to stay in the ER? How long did it take them to get you down?

15. type?girl1018

I was in the ER for about 7 hours i got there a little after 3am and got out around 10:30. It took them a couple hours to get me down with crazy amounts of iv fluids and insulin but then they had to do all kinds of tests for infections or anything surgery related that could have caused the high. and then i ended up getting too much insulin so i went very low and they had to fix that. overall- not a fun night. you are right about people not understanding d. i just couldnt believe they actually thought i would purposely skip my insulin! why on earth would i do that?!?

16. k.hawkins92

k.hawkins92 Approved members

I sympathize. I just endured a painful ER trip, myself.