- advertisement -

I had to call him....

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Heather(CA), Nov 18, 2010.

1. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

Thank goodness I called the ex to ask about blood sugars last night.. Apparently it wasn't important enough to him to call me even though I do ALL the adjustments.

Seth was int the 30's and 40's after his first soccer practice. Thank goodness he woke up because they wont test him over there. Unless the Endo's office tells them to:rolleyes: I thought I had really blown it until I saw that Seth corrected after less than 2 hours after his last bolus. I get his reasoning to a point because his pod fell off at practice. BUT, why didn't he or ex call me? Arghhhhhh

I went and lowered everything for dad's house at practice, I would rather he ran high than the alternative :(

OK, I'm done venting now:(:(:( It stinks that I can't relax even when he's not here...

Last edited: Nov 18, 2010
  2. kiwiliz

kiwiliz Approved members

Good thing he woke up! What a responsible lad - he must feel on his own a bit when you aren't there.

3. lauraqofu

lauraqofu Approved members

Can I just say...I hear ya sister!!

Sorry about that. It's just so frustrating, isn't it?

4. KatieSue

KatieSue Approved members

I hear you as well. My daughters dad has paid almost no attention to any diabetic training. And I had the worst time getting him to test at 2 because it "messed up his rim sleep". I finally said to him "you know there's something called dead in bed right?" I haven't heard about his lack of rim sleep since then.

Fortunately (or unfortunately however you want to look at it) I live across the street which has helped so much. I keep her supplies and such at my house and if she forgets something or runs low she can just run over and grab what she needs. If she has any issues she calls me and we figure them out. Thank goodness for cell phones.

5. LizinTX

LizinTX Approved members

(((((Heather))))) I'm so sorry.

6. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

His step-mom texted me his numbers this morning...163 at 1am and then he woke up at 130.:cwds:

7. madde

madde Approved members

At least she had the decency to keep you informed!

Thankfully he had a good night in regards to his sugar.:)