- advertisement -

I feel like its never gonna end... (i know it isnt)

Discussion in 'Teens' started by Izzi, May 19, 2012.

1. Izzi

Izzi Approved members

I just need to rant. I hate diabetes. Pure hate. I feel like it controls me. I never feel good if I'm above 180 or below 100. I just feel either low or high. I hate going places. I get weird looks when I'm testing out in public. I hate worrying about bolusing, testing, going low, I just hate it. Does anyone else feel this way? I would love to have ONE DAY without diabetes. I would love to not worry about if this drink is diet, how long I can stay in the pool, if I get thrown in with my pump or not. Not worry about when I eat or what. I just want one day back before my diagnoses. But at this age. Sigh

2. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. My daughter also feels best between about 80 and 180, so we try our hardest to keep her in that range. Have you taken the Type 1 University classes? We did them together, and she loved them. They've helped us so much in strategies to keep diabetes in its place rather than throwing highs and lows at us.

Something we got recently is an Aquapack. My daughter loves the freedom it gives her to not have to reconnect during swimming. She even uses it in the bath sometimes if she wants to soak for a long time.

Talk to your parents about how burnt out you feel. As much as we care, we can't read your minds. I know there are days my daughter just wants a day off, and those days I try to do her tests, count all carbs, even work the pump for her. I know there are days I want a day off, too!

3. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Yuck.
    Well, the self conscientiousness about being out in public dealing with diabetes, and the feeling bad when outside the 100-180 range might very well go away.

My blood sugar is only marginally better than it was a few years ago, but I feel way less stressed out about diabetes than I used to. Don't know why. But it seems to me people cycle through different experiences with diabetes.

What portion of the time were you in the 100-180 range in the last few weeks?

4. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

(((hugs))) I hate diabetes too! Let's say it together....."screw YOU diabetes! Go away!" I wish I had a magic wand to make diabetes and a bunch of other diseases disappear from this planet. I am sorry you are feeling the pressure of D management. I agree with pp talk to your parents and check out the aquapac. We got one for my lil' gal...she is a fish in the summer! You should be proud of yourself when you test in public....you are taking care of YOU...and you shouldn't care who sees! :rolleyes: D life is a big juggling act. I know it is easy to feel discouraged. In those times lean on those who love you best. Ask for a break. Sending more ((hugs))

5. Iqra

Iqra Approved members

It's just one of 'those days'

I know how you feel, but I think everyone does. Everyone goes through one of 'those days' an you know what, sometimes having a rant about it makes it feel better. Tell someone how much is sucks & then have a good laugh about it

I always find it's easier not to take it too heavily. I've got diabetes, it's A pain in the neck, but so what? You can still do what you want to, just watch the levels.
    Oh, and the people in public places looking at you funny is just someone wondering what's going on. Don't worry about it... :)

6. Dounuts

Dounuts Approved members

Hon I think I can can safely say on behalf of all of us who dosen't. I have been diagnosed now for the past 4 years and 3 months, and I am still scared of eating out and some one saying "oi get out you druggie" or going to the cinema and having a random bag check with all your hypo snacks being pulled out (thank god my local cinema dosent do gluten free they still have no clue what I mean when I say that lol). I still hope for a miricle I know will never come for those of us past the honeymoon stage, happy ever afters only happen in books while, unfortunatly poo happens and we must deal with it. Diabetes just happens to be a really big stinking pile that you get stuck in for the rest of our lifes. But you know what... we get to skip Pe and eat in your french lass watching your mates learn actions to phonics while you have a hypo. Sounding really smart when you have as sub teacher and saying you think you might be hyperglycemic can i go test my blood glucose levels, and best of all snatching a chocolate bar of a bully and eating it when they are going on about "would you like some oh yeah your diabetic, you can have any" I can say I enjoy diabetes but it does have perks;)

7. Juliana1245

Juliana1245 Approved members

I totally understand how you feel hun , I hate Diabetes too sometimes I just feel it controls me even ! YOU got to realise your not alone ! We are all here for u hun ! Testing in public aint all that bad try doing it in a private place where you feel comfortable and not overly stressed :) I always get worried that its going to be high or low the best way possible to avoid it is to take your medication on time and everything will be fine :) If any questions message me .

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  8. Mommy For Life

Mommy For Life Approved members

Hi Juliana
    I think it's great you are supporting Izzie....but this is a public forum...putting your email on a post isn't good. Every post on CWD is scanned by the search engines. You risk getting contacted by some creepy folks or a bunch of spam. I'd edit your post and remove your email. You can always contact another CWD member via private message. :cwds:

9. Juliana1245

Juliana1245 Approved members

thanks i act like a divvy sometimes :)