- advertisement -

I could use a nanny to fall in my lap, please.

Discussion in 'School and Daycare' started by JamieTheTiger, Aug 18, 2008.

1. JamieTheTiger

JamieTheTiger Approved members

Not that I can actually afford a nanny...what I need is a nanny share.

I don't understand this need of daycare providers to treat diabetes like...leprosy or something.

Sigh.

Just needed to be a little disheartened.

2. TheFormerLantusFiend

TheFormerLantusFiend Approved members

Two things- one, you might want to check out which CWD members live near you. Kaitlyn's Crew live in Corona, but you might find somebody closer. You can also find some diabetic babysitters on safesittings.com, and maybe even talk to their parents. You can check the family network on the CWD site, and you can check tudiabetes or JDRF for somebody local.

Second, for those who might've missed my posts the first two times around, I would really like to stay with some family for a week or two in December (or maybe in the spring) and babysit and also meet y'all. I would want to be paid for travel expenses if my travel cost more than a hundred dollars.

3. JamieTheTiger

Cool website, thanks for the heads-up...need to get more people in my area!

4. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Move to Iowa! I will take Emma in a heart beat. I feel so awful for parents that have so much trouble with childcare, it really shouldn't be so hard. I love my kids as if they were my nieces and nephews and care for them the same way I would family. Of coarse that means they get in trouble too though :rolleyes: I hope you can get your childcare situation worked out ((((hugs)))) Check with your local resource and referall and Dept of Human Services in your area to see if you can find a good home childcare if you cannot find a center.

5. JamieTheTiger

I plan to do my best to change myself to a work from home career, but that's not quick to do to make enough money. Stupid CA cost of living :p

6. SGHanna

SGHanna Approved members

if you ever need a babysitter, i'm available

i'm 18 and have been diabetic since age 11
    i also work at camp conrad-chinnock and one of the girls i babysit was in my cabin this year.
    i babysit two diabetic girls already.
    one is six and the other is nine.

message if you need anything.

7. JamieTheTiger

Awesome! Thanks

8. SGHanna

SGHanna Approved members

no problem. i love kids :)

9. enewman

enewman New Member

If it makes you feel better I agree

We hired an au pair who started on Monday - being very clear what is involved in caring for our daughter and she quit on Wednesday! We have another au pair coming soon who is a type one diabetic and she will be our thrid au pair with type one. We call and say we want a nurse or a diabetic and I will never take anyone who is not one of those again!

Nicole, our daughter, loves having a role model and if you have a room for them it's pretty affordable! We are struggling for the next month because none of the after school care programs will take her. I was looking at CWD to see if they Y who claims to take children with special needs can discriminate against her like they are!

Good Luck.

10. aidensmom

aidensmom Approved members

I don't have any answers for you, but can just add that I know how you feel. I have had an awful time with this. We finally have a new girl starting on Thursday for 1 day /week that is also an RN. This means that my DS will be staying with 3 different people over the course of 4 days. I know this is not a good situation, but don't know what else to do! Finding quality childcare has to be one of the hardest things. I wish you luck in your search. I know that there has to be wonderful people out there, but where are they hiding?!!

11. JamieTheTiger

I should open my own daycare for diabetic kids :)

12. kristinskiados

kristinskiados New Member

Nanny

I hear what you are saying. My daughter is 17 months old and our original daycare told us they would contine her care while we work and the dropped us the beginning of this month. We are having no luck with daycare. I'm not sure why people are so unwilling to learn. It really is a great skill to know since someone they know may be affected with the disease. Our parents are willing to help as long as they can but I hope something turns up soon, for both you and me. Keep me posted on your situation. Best of luck.