- advertisement -

I can't take the roller coaster...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by januaryblue, Nov 11, 2010.

1. januaryblue

januaryblue Approved members

Seriously, does it get easier?

Sam has been crazy high lately. I talked to the CDE after I posted about it last week. They said that they wanted to see her logs before making any decisions. I sent them in on Monday. It's now Thursday and I've not heard anything, so I called today (the CDE is in on Mon, Tuesday and Thursday) but of course they are closed today for Veterans day. I could talk to someone on call, but I need more thorough looking at her logs and deciding what is the next step.

To top it off this morning we started her on Flovent because she has a bit of a cold, and her asthma always acts up when the weather gets cold. She ate about 30 carbs for breakfast and ended up going to 355 about 2 hours later (we are supposed to treat 1/2 unit novolog for 40+ carbs). She was a wreck on the floor crying and screaming, and it was the high sugars-so not her. :( I gave her a full unit of novolog and an hour and a half later she was 79. Oops. But her mood improved. :eek:

It's just so hard to have her so miserable, it's not fair to her, it's not fair to her sister when she yells at her like that and of course it hurts my heart too.

Thanks for letting me vent.

And if anyone is still reading, I'm ready to take some things into my own hands and not wait for the CDE. How do I determine if it's her basal rates that need to be increased or her I:C ratios?

Thanks.

2. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

I sent you a pm...:cwds: