- advertisement -

I can see the back of my basement!!

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by goochgirl, Oct 28, 2009.

1. goochgirl

goochgirl Approved members

I broke through last night! What a feeling of accomplishment! I'm down to 1 box of baby clothes that I'm keeping (until one day when I say "why am I keeping these baby clothes?), and 3 bins of fabric that I need to go through. By next week, I should be able to make it to D supplies without having to crawl over things.

Now, does anyone know if you need to do anything special to clean carpet in a basement?

Taking suggestions for wall paint color (or colors)

2. shekov

shekov Approved members

Congratulations! It must feel great. Basement organization is on my list of things to do before Thanksgiving (when the family visits). We'll se if I can get to it by then.:eek:

3. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

Please, please come help me!

I swear, I'm about to call that show, Clean Sweep! The problem is the basement has a door, so I can just toss things down and close it:eek:
    We need to do a mega purge!

4. goochgirl

I only do that with the laundry; otherwise, it would block my path to the... laundry!!! My "mega purge" has taken years. The more I go through things, the less necessary most of it becomes. Its also helping me focus so that I can get more accomplished. Less clutter makes it easier to clean the house. Clean house gives me more time to sew. Less clutter in the sewing room makes it easier for me to find my tools and make my projects... all this, of course, is in theory; hasn't completely happened. But I see signs that it will happen soon. Its definitely much better than it was.

5. Momof4gr8kids

Momof4gr8kids Approved members

My family is so like that. We always have an area like that. During my last big purge of stuff I started using freecycle. It really helps keep the clutter down because you can post something, or multiple things, and then you get emails from people who want/need it. You can have them meet you somewhere, or pick it up at your home. I usually leave stuff I give on the porch if the weather is good. It just makes it so easy. I <3 it. It also makes me feel good to give someone something that they can use.

Anyways, for anyone doing a purge, it's something to check out.

6. etringali

etringali Approved members

Sew....... what fabric ya got? Anything you want to part with?

7. goochgirl

I haven't gone through it, yet. Yes, I'm definitely going to part with some. Would you like a care package?

8. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

Congrats. I would like to put my name on the list for you to come to my house next, please.

I have a problem finding a place to start. Then once I go through it I seem to just move it to another room. :(

One day I will get up the energy to go through the 100's of pieces of unopened mail and other papers that are all over.

9. frizzyrazzy

frizzyrazzy Approved members

good job!!

we should do a fabric swap and make a quilt...

oohooh..maybe we could make a group quilt for the CWD thingy?