- advertisement -

I am SOOOOOO MAD!

Discussion in 'Teens' started by NoName, Sep 13, 2008.

1. NoName

NoName Approved members

I was talking to this girl, and she was upset because she had to get a shot at the doctor. She was like "I'm so scared of needles, blah blah blah, the doctor messed up my sisters injections, blah blah blah" So I was like "Well, before I got my pump, I was on 6 injections a day, needles really aren't that bad" and SHE says "well, this is different. i guess either its your punishment for your familys mistakes or your own cause your poking yourself. my baby sister couldn't even move an inch. she was pinned and its not her fault."
    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!
    So I proceed to tell her that I HAVE TYPE 1 DIABETES, I DID NOTHING TO CAUSE IT, IT IS NOT MY FAULT, OR MY FAMILIES FAULT.
    AND SHE SAYS "says the person that that effects. we have a better position for our bodies. i thank the heavens and god and everything i do and everything that my family does for that blessing and good fortune. my great grandma has it far more bad, plus she adds to it...."
    HONESTLY?!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!
    OMG.
    I'M JUST -SO- MAD.
    Am I wrong to be mad at that?!?!?!!?!

2. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

i would be mad too. You tried to educate, now just walk away and shake your head. Some of the kids in my class think you get d from too much sugar and genetics- i tried to explain thats not the case for t1 and not even always for t2, but they didnt get it. So i was like ok whatever and havent spoken about it again. Some people I know, told their lil kids if they ate too much sugar they would get d, but i so kindly taught the kids that it is not true and know one on earth knows what causes d.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  3. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I realy hate it when people try to say something is worse than something else. Can't something just be hard and not compared? Having cancer is hard. Having diabetes is hard. Why must people be so competitive and compare everything?
    I also think people don't give credit to diabetics, for what we go through on a daily basis. Isn't diabetes sometimes called the silent disease? Just becuase you can't see it doesn't mean that it's not there and that it is easy.

4. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

someone on my triathlon forum tried to say that we have an unfair advantage in athletics because insulin aids in muscle recovery. I was too freak'n mad to respond and didnt feel like fighting with the guy because he was being a jerk to everyone who tried to respond. I'ld say the disadvantages outweigh the advantages. He was trying to say Gary Hall's medals should be taken away

5. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

I was going to post something but thought that it could be possibly taken as the wrong way. But I will say I would be steaming mad, if somebody told I and my families blessings and good fortunes were the direct cause of me getting diabetes.

6. kierbabi09

Rae,
    that would have made me sooo mad!!! Yes because people with diabetes really have an advantage. Here you want some advantage too? you go right ahead and have D and then you tell me that it's an advantage:rolleyes:
    Some people are just so rude, it really makes me wonder why they say the things they do. Like it's their business anyway.

7. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Wouldn't everyone have that advantage anyway? We all make insulin. And would he rather us run high and it be hardly be a competition at all?
    Because I don't know about you, I don't perform my best when I'm high.

8. NoName

NoName Approved members

She was saying that I brought Diabetes upon myself, and that it was because of my eating habits and so on, then she started going on about her grandmothers TYPE 2! and how she had to get her leg amputated and crap and that if her and I had a better diet that we wouldn't have Diabetes.
    THAT'S why it made me so mad. And then she was saying that I don't NEED to insulin, I just take it to get attention and that I can take pills and stop eating sweets, and whenever I tried to explain to her that I'm not her grandmother, and I have TYPE 1, she told me to shut up and that none of that was true.

9. kierbabi09

yeah that would have made me mad too!!!! It's one thing to not know the difference, I can understand it if you don't live with it, but to be educated about it and still ignorant about it, there is no excuse for that!
    People can ve so rude, so sometimes it's best/easiest just to ignore them or walk away.

10. flabby_abi

flabby_abi Approved members

OH MY GOSH!!! that would have made me absolutely FURIOUS! not to be mean, but ignorant people make me really mad! the least they could do is keep their mouths SHUT!!!!!!!!!

11. BobbyJackElmo

BobbyJackElmo Approved members

I see you love the "caps lock" button lately. I would've chased someone with the glucagon...... There's far too many people like that.

12. Daxdog

Daxdog Approved members

If one more of my friends says they are needle-phobic.... I swear!!