- advertisement -

I am so sick of...

Discussion in 'Teens OT' started by malyssa, Oct 6, 2008.

1. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Diabetes right now. I just can't get anything under control. I have seen numbers 500+ atleast once a week, and I have been forgetting to take all of my medicines. And the burden of Diabetes is really getting to me. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm missing classes because I am always at the nurses office and she doesn't let me leave there until I am at a "safe" number, and I have fallen way behind in my classes...I can't take it. And, my blood test results are back...my A1c is a 9.1 :( On August 8th it was a 9.9, and it hasn't even gone down that much. And I have been working so hard trying to get under control, and nothing seems to work. And my mom's mad at me because of it. I just want it all to go away...a day, thats all I'm asking for. A day without diabetes...what a day that would be. *tears start now*

:(

Sorry guys. I needed to vent. Thanks for being here.

2. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Wow Malyssa. Sounds like you DESERVE a good cry.
    Spending whole class periods in the nurses office was one of my main reasons to get OUT of public school. I'm not saying YOU should, I'm saying that I hated that too.
    (((((Hugs)))))

3. misscaitp

misscaitp Approved members

Vent all you need to. I'm sure everyone will get it.

I was wondering if you could just treat in class? Or can you get a 504? SO you wouldn't fall behind in your classes and be penalized for it.

I was in the place last year where I couldn't get below 300 no matter how hard I tried, and that went on for a month. So I can relate.

Diabetes does get tiring real quick, but hang in there!

4. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

Awww I'm sorry Malyssa. I know what you mean. I have not took any Lantus in like a week, I keep forgetting:eek: oops.
    Diabetes sometimes just plain ole' sucks, and you just needed to say so. Don't worry, we all understand:)

5. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks...I just hate crying, especially over diabetes. I'm usually so good with it, and I don't mind it, but I guess I'm just in a bit of a rut, ya know. I'm not so mad about having diabetes, but more mad about the highs, and the fact that my A1c barely moved, after all the hard work I've been doing. It's my senior year so, I'm almost outta here. Thanks again. :)

6. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks Caitlin. I do and can treat in class, but my mom likes me to go down to the nurse and let her know whats going on...and the nurse hunts us down if we don't go there anyways. I'm not supposed to be penalized for missing class due to diabetes, and I do have a 504 in place...but some teachers just don't get it. I'm just having an especially bad day today, and I just broke down when my mom yelled at me for not taking my thyroid meds for like...well, a long while now. And when I was 507 in school today, the nurse called her, and my mom freaked when I got home. I'll be ok though. I am going to start fresh. A new bottle of insulin, and a site change will hopefully help a little later.

Thanks. :)

7. kierbabi09

well all I'm goona say is......What happened Fuschia Nemo?!?!?!?!?!?!?
    you, out most of us here, deserve to have some good numbers. You just can't win. Darn, and it seemed like you were doing good too, when you first got FN (you know who:rolleyes:)

8. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe. :( I think you should take it tonight, and I will take my levoxyl in the morning. It does stink sometimes, and right now, I'll admit it does...not all the time though...I have to remember how good it's been to me too. Like meeting all of you guys, and learning a lot of interesting things, and meeting others too. And, I have an insulin pump...I don't know about any of you guys, but if I went a day without it, I'd feel like a piece of me was missing. It's my pancreas for goodness sakes!!
    Thanks Kier! :)

9. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Fuschia Nemo is well. We are definately attatched at the hip! :) I love him/her (haven't decided yet :p) I think it's just me getting stressed out again because I'm falling behind, and working all weekend, every weekend...and I just took the SAT on Saturday, so, there's a lot going on.
    Awe, thank you. But we all deserve some decent numbers. We all work so hard to stay in range, and sometimes it just doesn't happen.
    Yeah, I was doing very well when I got Fuschia Nemo...but then school started, and my control went down the toilet! Maybe a new kind of infusion set will help.

Fuschia Nemo and I will prevail!!!!!

10. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Maybe it's just stress then. I REALLY hope you can figure this out and fix it soon though, cause I'm sure those high effects are ANNOYING!!!

11. s0ccerfreak

s0ccerfreak Approved members

9.9 to 9.1 in 2 months is awesome!! Keep up the hard work. I usually only see .1-.3 change and it definately frustrates me. I know how nice it is to see a change after all the hard work and how frustrating it can be when you don't see that change. Keep your head up, you're doing your best.

12. MissEmi

MissEmi Approved members

Ditto that, the only BIG changes I ever had were 18.0 to 12.9 (2 months)and 12.9 to I think 7-8 something the next three months, all the rest have been like .5 or less difference, that -.8 is AMAZING!!!

13. misscaitp

My CDE said get into a ritual to remember, like after brushing your teeth.
    And I said the only way I would remember if someone placed a quarter right under it.:D If you have a bunch of change just lying around. Place the pill on that, your bound to pick it up.;)

And that is a big, no huge A1C drop for only two months.:eek:

Oh by the way if the teachers that don't want to listen are violating your 504, they are going against federal law. Which I don't think the Board of Education would be to happy about that.
    Since I can't concentrate when I'm high, mine specifically says anything above 250 I am to be immediately excused from all assignments and be allowed to go to the Health Room, that means test, homework, classwork.

14. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Thanks. Yeah, I hope I figure it out soon too...there's nothing worse than having constant highs...except constant lows...ah, either way, I just hope it stops, because it is VERY annoying.

15. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

Awe, thanks Rae. It's just annoying though ya know. A few months ago (I think 9 months ago) my A1c was 10, and in three months I got it down to 7.8 which amazed me. Thats why I don't understand why it's not comming down as fast. Thanks so much for the encouragement!

Thanks so much! You guys are ALL so encouraging. :)

You all always know just what to say! Thanks for that tip, it's a good idea! Teachers think they rule the world...it's quite annoying actually. That is really great that your school is so good about all of that if you are over 250 and everything. I have taken state tests with a bg of 300! :eek:

16. kierbabi09

Me too Malyssa. I was in the 300's when I took my SAT's:eek:
    I didn't have any accomadations and I didn't want to drop.
    But I'm always high in school. I think that I need more insulin just for going to school. It's not like I get anxious. I actually LIKE Shchool this year. Oh well.

17. malyssa

malyssa Approved members

I just took the SAT's on Saturday, and I didnt have accomidations either...I ran 300+ the entire time. :rolleyes::eek: I think I need more insulin just for school as well. *sigh*

18. misscaitp

I think cozmo has this feature, but do you have a profile set for the middle of the week, probably an basal increase of 20% to start out?

If I take a test in the 300s I would have the blankest look on my face, and my memory would be like Dory. How do you think you all did on the SATs?