- advertisement -

I AM Participating in a walk for JDRF...

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by findthecure, Oct 14, 2008.

1. findthecure

findthecure Approved members

I would like to make a t-shirt and I am walking for ever child diabetic out there so I was going to make a shirt and write names of kids on my shirt. So I was wondering if you could help me out by sending me names of children diabetics I could walk for...if you would like there names on my shirt because they are the reason I am walking I dont even have to know them I see the videos everyone posts and it touches me and tells me I have to do this for them until there is a cure! So just post names and anything else you would like on here if you would like your child's name included

Shannon

2. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

Does someone still have the collage picture of the D kids? Instead of names, maybe you could use the collage.

3. findthecure

well I dont have that much money to spend because I dontaed all that I had to my walk already and I was just going to get some cool markers and write names and quotes on the shirt. Otherwise I would but I will talk to my dad and see is he will make me a shirt with a picture....but I just think it will be written on the shirt.

4. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Here is the picture if you end up wanting to use it.

[​IMG]

5. findthecure

I could maybe get a poster made...maybe...do you think I should carry that for the walk? I am a first time walker so I really am not sure of it all

6. Abby-Dabby-Doo

Abby-Dabby-Doo Approved members

I LOVE this photo! It's my all time favorite! :cool:

If you decide to do markers on the shirt, please add Abby's name to your list!

7. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

If you are "buying" a shirt that you are writing on with pens, its not much more expensive to do a picture

They make these "iron on sheets". You print them with a "Deskjet" printer (specifically NOT a Laser printer) and then you iron the image onto the shirt. The only cost is the pack of paper

We did this for our walk shirts this past year
    [​IMG]

8. findthecure

I will put Abby's name on before and is noone else replies with names by tomorrow morning before school I will dedicate my entire walk and shirt to her because I am doing my shirt after testing. thanks for your input

9. Mama2H

Mama2H Approved members

You can definately use Hailey's name also, I hope my suggestion of a picture didn't upset you. I applaud what you are doing!

10. bgallini

bgallini Approved members

You can put Alex's name on too!

11. findthecure

You deff. did not upset me I posted to get feedback. I am just going to make a shirt with sharpies because my parents said we dont have enough money to get the iron on sheets. I will add any names and put them on the back and on the front it will say something like "The Reasons I walk..." something like that...I might make a small poster to carry of black and white photos of the collage and other children diabetics with find a cure over it...i dont know I am a first time walker and I am not a diabetic so I am very new to all of this

12. Mama Belle

You can add Samantha's name. I think what you are doing rocks! Thank you!!!

13. Mama Belle

P.S. Please tell me I'm not the only one who just about OD'ed on cuteness over that pic of Emma. Way, way cute, Nancy!

14. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

You are welcome to use Emma too!

Thanks for the compliments. That's actually not one of her better photos. I need to take some because she is definitely in this "making cute faces" phase of her life and I've been doing fun things with her hair to try and keep it out of her face and from getting tangled! :)

15. findthecure

anyone that comments this page with a name will be on the shirt as long as the post is up by 2morrow sometime

16. Diet Dr. Pepper

Diet Dr. Pepper Approved members

You can use my name if you want, it's Kassie.

I think it's great what you are doing, but just out of curiosity, why are you doing this if you're not diabetic? I mean, if you don't mind me asking, that is :eek:

17. findthecure

Well I became really interested in diabetes when I heard about it in the news then I started researching it and I am a very caring generous person and I saw these pictures of children in the 365 days project that many people do and seeing what diabetics have to endure daily especially kids know that they will do this for the rest of there lives if there is not a cure it touched my heart. I wanted to make a difference so I started looking up ways and found the walk and I am participating in that. I have only raised 100 and something dollars which compared to alot of people it is nothing but I am also doing it by myself.. I am doing everything I can do to help I am even looking into making a carnival to support JDRF but I have to find a place to have it and funds to make everything happen! I am looking at stuff to raffel and events to hold.I just want to make a change