- advertisement -

husband going out of town and we just started pumping

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by 3js, Jun 9, 2008.

1. 3js

3js Approved members

I am feeling so sick: my husband is going to the US for 3 days, and we just started pumping. Everything has been ok and we talk to the d-nurse daily. However technology isn`t my thing, and I`m so worried I`ll screw up with no one there as a "check". :(

Yesterday we did a site change, then redid it a few hours as he went up to 20`s for no reason. He was fine in the end, but I was nervous with 2 of us dealing with it.

2. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

we're here :cwds:

3. 3js

3js Approved members

Thanks! I am embarrassed to say I am worried about BASIC things! :eek:

4. Mary Lou

Mary Lou Approved members

Don't be embarrassed. It is always stressful doing something important for the first time, and when you're used to having a partner, and then find yourself on your own, well, I think you'd be a little nuts NOT to be nervous!!

I'm sure that whatever type of pump and infusion sets you use, you'll find lots of people at the ready.

5. Mama Belle

Mama Belle Approved members

Seriously, everything flies out the window when you start something new like pumping. Even the basic things become huge obstacles. We are here for you, don't be embarrassed just ask for some help if you need it!