- advertisement -

Humalog left in van...80 degrees today...ok???

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mandapanda1980, May 4, 2012.

1. mandapanda1980

mandapanda1980 Approved members

forgot newly filled humalog in the van last night. It reached 80 today. I just put it in fridge....is this humalog going to be okay to use?? Im afraid its shot.... :((

2. sooz

sooz Approved members

How much of it do you have? It should be good for thirty days out of the fridge. Call the pharmacy and see what they think.

3. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

I think 80 degrees is fine, but I'd be worried that it actually got warmer than that inside of the car. Personally, I'd probably fill a reservoir on a weekend and give it a try. You'll know pretty quickly if it was compromised or not.

4. mandapanda1980

it hasnt even been opened yet...so it is a full vial. But the van may have been warmer than the temp outside, the windows were all up...

5. caspi

caspi Approved members

6. mandapanda1980

talked to the manufacturer, we are chucking it. just for fyi anybody in the future :) they say only up to 86 degrees, then it is bad.