- advertisement -

How Would You Have Handled This?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by rgcainmd, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Ali

Ali Approved members

Ahh get it. Thank you. That got lost a bit in the post.
    ALi

2. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

When I was 12, I was doing a lot of crap my parents didn't know about but I was always a "good girl" because I didn't get caught lol. I sometimes was mean because sometimes being mean is how you feel you have to fit in with the crowd. Not saying your daughter's bad but just giving you a perspective on 12 yr olds because some kids act different when their parents aren't around. Personally, with the other posts you've posted about you hating your husband, there might be a lot of hostility that you don't THINK your daughter is feeling but they feel everything. Kids who live with that kind of hostility that you seem to have towards him, tend to act out.

^ Just my opinion. Obviously I don't know your day to day life but I'm just going off of your previous posts.

3. missmakaliasmomma

missmakaliasmomma Approved members

I agree, it's ok to make jokes about D. It makes life easier.

4. Izzi

Izzi Approved members

You have to go with your gut feeling around people-- even if it's not the nicest description. Teacher at a local high school was the "weird" teacher. (Played all those card games the "dirties" play, really concerned with students, made sure they were okay) well he was convicted of battery on a student and when police seized his computer. Take a guess what they found on there.

People are weird. People are odd. Adults need to get over the whole "UFO dad" and focus on wha the original poster wanted to talk about

5. valerie k

valerie k Approved members

Im pretty much liking missmakaliasmomma post and advice. Now I would swear that every parent that comes to my door about matt would tell me he is an awful child, bully, loudmouth ect ect ect. However, that's not the case, apparently to them, he is a wonderful child, so helpful and kind..... my child??? He is as mean as a snake at home some days, the most non helpful critter to roam the face of the earth, and the volume he and his sister can achieve is epic. Wish I got to see the matt these other parents get to see.