- advertisement -

How to Shut Off High Alarm on Guardian?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by Lindy, Feb 22, 2010.

1. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

On the Guardian - how do you shut off the high alarm? Not the Pred. High - the High Alarm.

At the last MM training for the school, the rep was saying that the parents shut off the high alarm, so that the child only got the low alarm... On the Limits - you set the low and have to set a high. How then can you shut off only the high??? Wish it were in front of me so I could play, but I from the online info, I'm not seeing how to do this...

Any help is appreciated!

2. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

When you are setting the glucose limits. The high limit goes to 400 mg/dl and then OFF is next, or you could scroll down one step below 100 mg/dl and that's off for the high limit.

3. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

ahhh ha! Haven't gone past the 400 before! :D Thanks much!

4. thebestnest5

thebestnest5 Approved members

Do you have to shut the high alarm off for school?

5. Lindy

Lindy Approved members

No, we have moved him to a private school - no health assistant or nurse. The secretary is willing to supervise him entering in carbs for snack and lunch. And, he goes to her for any alarms and they call me. Thought we would give things a try by shutting off the high alarm, downloading more and manipulating things at home. If it doesn't seem to work, we'll turn them back on!