- advertisement -

How often do you look at their logs?

Discussion in 'Parents of Teens' started by Kaylas mom, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Omo2three

Omo2three Approved members

now once a week we download the pump...love that feature. I can get graphs and pies and see trends. Love it!

In the beginning we looked at the numbers all the time...because we had to log everything it was in the moment....which can be a benefit...u can pick up lows and trends quicker.

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

I check everyday. Teens - they lie. We recently lost a member of the Type 1 Community becuase he lied about his BS. It is worth the 5 minutes of time that it takes me to peak through.

Also, she is not old enough to make dosing decisions on her own. I will probably let her start adjusting basals at around 15ish...

3. LenasDad

LenasDad Approved members

My daughter (13) was only recently diagnosed (~6 weeks ago) so I'm still all over it. There hasn't been a week that's gone by yet that we haven't made minor adjustments.

I have to say, she's been great about handling this whole situation. She runs her calculations and if she feels the insulin needs to be adjusted we'll talk about it. I'm not here to manage it for her - I'm here to help her manage it. Sometimes we disagree but she usually is right and convinces me. lol :p

She hasn't indicated to me that she wants me to back off. I wonder if that will change (probably) as gets more comfortable with managing the D... I'm still going to want to know her bs at regular intervals, though. "As long as she lives under my roof.." lol

4. Mody_Jess_Pony

Mody_Jess_Pony Approved members

as a teen a downloadable meter is the only log book I keep, I end up keeping logs for about a week and then giving up....

5. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

My parents never check mine, I guess they trust me enough to not bother looking