- advertisement -

How many Dexcom Receivers does your child go through in a year?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mamattorney, Oct 24, 2014.

1. swellman

swellman Approved members

Yup ... I have a new one as a backup and an old one about 2 years old.

2. Cheetah-cub

Cheetah-cub Approved members

We have been on the same receiver since April of this year. So far so good. After reading this thread about how they can malfunction quickly, we went ahead and ordered a backup receiver. It was just shipped, and we expect it to arrive today or early next week.

We found that even when you have a working receiver still under warranty, you can buy a backup receiver for $199 (one time only, you can't buy multiple backups for $199). You can also buy an one time backup transmitter for $199.

3. Nancy in VA

Nancy in VA Approved members

I just realized today that we've been on our current TRANSMITTER for about 11 months. I have one sitting in the cabinet that I got in June that we haven't even needed to break out yet.

4. caspi

caspi Approved members

Our transmitter lasted 11 months until we received the "order transmitter soon" screen. I already had one on hand so we changed it out. I went ahead and ordered a new receiver and received it last week. Like many of you said, there were no questions asked.