- advertisement -

How Hot Is It??

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by DsMom, Jul 6, 2012.

1. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Just want to whine....I am soooo tired of this heat. And we are not even in an area of the country that is getting the worst of it (my apologies to those of you who are:(). We have been in the 90s, and usually upper 90s, for more than 9 days now. Saturday may make it to 103..without the "heat index"!:eek: Feel trapped in the house...kids are starting to go stir crazy! Just feel so lucky we have not lost our power...many have nearby in New Jersey...and haven't had it for days and days now.:(

So...let's share our "misery"!;):rolleyes: How hot is it where you are?? For how long? Are you due any relief soon? (We should see the high 80s on Monday...woo hoo!)

2. emm142

emm142 Approved members

Aw man, that sounds horrible. You should move to the UK, it's only 66 fahrenheit over here. ;) Our main problem at the moment is flooding - apparently there's been more rain in the UK today than there usually is in the entire month of July. Luckily my area has been fairly unaffected.

3. lynn

lynn Approved members

It's over 100 here in Michigan. The bank thermometer just said 109 on my way home from the doctor. We do not have air conditioning. It's supposed to be mid-90's tomorrow and then down to the 80's Sunday through next week. We haven't had rain either. The corn fields are looking terrible.

This heat is doing a number on Nathan's blood sugar as well. He's been over 300 more times in the past two weeks than he has in the past year!

4. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

THAT's where all of our rain is!!;):p In all seriousness though...an excess of anything is awful. So sorry for those affected...hope you dry out soon.

Oh no!:( I grew up without air conditioning at home or school...but have gotten so spoiled since then. Hope you have lots of fans...keep dreaming of next week!

Read about the corn yesterday...that record crops were expected this year...and now this. So sad.:(

5. Christopher

Christopher Approved members

Breaking records here in Chicago...."only" 95 today....yesterday was over 100...Weekend looks good in the 80s.

What about taking your kids to see a movie? Or to the Mall? So you get out of the house, at least for a little while.

6. caspi

caspi Approved members

Crazy hot here in Virginia. 100 already today with a heat index of 105 or so. But I'm not allowed to complain - hubby is an arborist and works outside everyday. With the recent storms he has been working 14 hour days in this heat so if I dare say anything, I might end up in the chipper, lol!! :p

7. kiwikid

kiwikid Approved members

Below zero right now... Hopefully this 'lovely' frost will turn into a lovely day... :cwds:

8. Amy C.

Amy C. Approved members

I feel for the folks in the US getting the heat who are not used to it. In Texas, we have that kind of heat for 3-4 months of the year and know how to deal with it. I have even learned how to ride my bike in the heat.

9. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Yes, we were at the library yesterday for some time...they luckily had a great program from a Philadelphia Science Museum (Franklin Institute) about space. That took up some time and was fun! Movie is on the agenda soon, too! We usually wait to go to the pool until after dinner in this type of heat!:) It just stinks when the can't just run outside and play when they get bored.

LOL:p:p But, I feel for everyone who has to work outside! Ughhh.:mad: We are actually having some workers in our yard tomorrow...and it is going to be brutal. I am thinking about turning our sprinkler on so they can run through it when they need to and I don't have guys passed out in my yard!:(

10. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

We are definitely getting a little taste of Texas these past weeks. I am NOT cut out for it!;)

11. sooz

sooz Approved members

So far our summer has been ok here in So California. But we will get our heat soon. I live in a valley that is known for its heat and I grew up in an even hotter valley.:eek: it is usually close to, or well over 100 from July through September, and sometimes May too. We get "June Gloom" here that keeps us cooler in June. I hate the hot weather too! We do have window ac's so that helps. No ac when I was growing up either. I feel for the people who have to work outside. Last year we had sone exceptional heat, I think one day it got to 118!

12. MissMadisonsMom

MissMadisonsMom Approved members

Come on over to Washington...It's about 72 degrees here right now and I finally got to use the air conditioning in my house last night (first time all year). Our 'summer' weather has been a big disappointment lately -- wettest - dreariest June in recent memory and lots of rain. Stay cool everyone - you know we'll be wishing for these warm days in a few months :)

13. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

We've been lucky to get about 10C the last few weeks. Most days its below zero when we wake up.
    I'd rather our cold than your heat though.

14. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

We've been lucky to get above 10c the last few weeks. Most days it's below zero when we get up.

15. MomofSweetOne

MomofSweetOne Approved members

109 here today. I finally got the BGs adjusted into the 100s again, though! What a difference it makes in how my daughter feels when she's in range.

16. Brensdad

Brensdad Approved members

We had 67 straight days over 100 degrees last summer (most of them were 110-plus) in the San Antonio area and almost zero rain. This year has been better, thank God!!!

17. MamaLibby

MamaLibby Approved members

Wow! I can't imagine! It's well over 100 here, but we're supposed to see some relief by Tuesday.

18. StillMamamia

StillMamamia Approved members

It's been hot and heavy here as well for the past couple of weeks. Hot and heavy followed by thunderstorms. The good thing is we had a few gorgeous rainbows.:) The bad thing is idiots leaving their pets inside hot cars.:mad:

19. Heather(CA)

Heather(CA) Approved members

103 today 105 tomorrow:eek:

20. type1girl:)

type1girl:) Approved members

In Ohio over here, no power, our temp reached 104 today...one week without power. Its just terrible. Hot and miserable. Dah!