- advertisement -

How do you feel about this whole Abby Sunderland thing?

Discussion in 'Parents Off Topic' started by Dylan'sMom, Jun 12, 2010.

1. mom2kenny

mom2kenny Approved members

If her parents were confident in her ability, they should also be confident in their abililty to pay for here rescue. IMO

2. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

If the parents are so broke, where did they come up with the money for financing this trip. In my humble opinion, 16 is just way to young to take off on a trip like this without lots of saftey nets.

3. grantsmom

grantsmom Approved members

I always hate to judge others...but I will say if my children wanted to do that I would not support them. If they wanted to do it when they were 18 I would still not be too happy

4. ScottB

ScottB Approved members

The parents were either the type of parents that over burden their children with intense pressure to be extraordinary OR their daughter was genuinely extraordinary already and therefore her parents had faith in her ability and without myself knowing either way, I'm in no position to judge them. However I don't care if you're 16 or 60, if you're going to set forth on a hazardous trip/adventure such as sailing solo around the world then you better have a "plan B" in place to cover any search and rescue costs should a serious problem occur.