- advertisement -

how do you carry D stuff in Busch Gardens?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by cockatiel, Sep 29, 2012.

1. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

My dd is going to Busch Gardens with a friend. (No parent will be along)

How should she carry her D stuff? She doesn't need much -- just her insulin pen and testing stuff and some carbs.

Should she carry a backpack? But then she'd have to check it in all the time.

Can she stick the stuff in a waistpack? Are they allowed on rides?

Any other thoughts are welcome -- I'm not familiar with the rules, and the website for VG isn't particularly helpful!

2. Stefanie S.

Stefanie S. Approved members

Hi, I'm new here but we go to BG all of the time.
    I've found them to be very accommodating. You can carry your stuff with you or you can leave it with the first aid center if it needs to be in the fridge. There are cubbies to leave things at each of the rides. If she's worried about someone accidentally she could just tell the ride attendants what it is and they would probably keep it separate for her.

Also, she should go to go to guest services when she arrives and get the handicap wristband. Then she can avoid all of the long lines. :) We've really been enjoying that.

3. lgouldin

lgouldin Approved members

Waist pack would be ideal because she can carry that on rides (Well, here in VA she can). Not sure which Busch Gardens you are talking about. Only problem I have is my DD will not wear one, so she carries one of those gym type back backs (thin material with the strings).

4. Beach bum

Beach bum Approved members

This is what we use, or a small purse type backpack. My daughter tried the gym type bag but said by the end of the day it hurt her shoulders.

I sometimes carry the waistpack but just sling it over my shoulder like a purse.

5. pianoplayer4

pianoplayer4 Approved members

this is what I take with me when I go to theme parks/ hikes/ect it's a pain.... but it's the best option I have found.... I don't think many teen girls would be caught dead in a fanny pack...

6. cockatiel

cockatiel Approved members

Thank you! Sometimes with diabetes you end up with the strangest questions! I appreciate having a place to go with them -- you folks are a great resource!

With great care, dd fit all her stuff into her SPIbelt, so she is wearing that. (I did warn her that she needs to take great care opening it that it doesn't explode and scatter her stuff all over the place -- it is FULL!)

Dd asked me for the larger SPIbelt as a Christmas present.