- advertisement -

How do I get funding for Setebaid Camp?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by pookas, Jan 20, 2006.

1. pookas

pookas Approved members

I'd like for our family to attend the Setebaid camp in May at Split Rock, PA, however, the cost for the family is $350 for the camp plus 2 nights stay at the hotel [which is in the Poconos], so we're looking at over $600 for the weekend. I called the camp and they said to try our local Lions club, church group, etc. We don't have a local Lion's club and I don't think our church would sponsor us, since their always asking for more and more money. Does anyone know where I can look for scholarships or grants for this diabetes camp? I emailed Lifescan since they have sponsored kids in the past, but no reply yet. Any suggestions would be appreciated.:)

Linda-[NEPA]-Mom to:
    Hunter, 5 yrs, dx'd 11/14/05 type I
    Colby, 6 yrs, migraines

2. ruthdmitchell

ruthdmitchell New Member

Try the American Diabetes Association. I understand they will help with camp financially. They will probably send applications to you.
    Did you know there is also a Donovan McNabb Camp in PA. That one is $1100 per week, but the ADA will sponser 1/2 of that.
    I too, am seeking a camp in PA for my daughter. I'll let you know if I hear of anything else. :

3. pookas

pookas Approved members

Thanks, but the Diabetic nurse trainer from the PA Dept. of Health told me not to go through the ADA for some reason, I forget why. Also, the Setebaid camp is the only one I could find for kids under 8 yrs. old and it's only about 1 hour away from me. What area are you in?

Linda-[NEPA]-Mom to:
    Hunter, 5 yrs, dx'd 11/14/05 type I
    Colby, 6 yrs, migraines