- advertisement -

How did you know your second child had diabetes?

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by JenniferM, Jan 18, 2010.

1. sam1nat2

sam1nat2 Approved members

Sorry to hear this.
    Glad to hear you caught it before he was too sick.
    Kudos to you for ordering the pump right away, sounds like you are on top of things.:cwds:

2. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am so sorry that you and your family are going through this again...

3. GaPeach

GaPeach Approved members

I was thinking of you. I'm sorry but also glad that you caught it sooner than later.

Kudos on the pump. I know my brain would have a hard time "thinking" one way with child 1 and another with child 2.

4. Mom2rh

Mom2rh Approved members

I'm sorry. :(

I hope they let you get the pump asap...especially since you now what you are doing.

You are living my worst nightmare. *hugs*

5. wdhinn89

wdhinn89 Approved members

I have been checking on this thread hoping for the best. I'm sorry:(

6. JenniferM

JenniferM Approved members

Update

Hello,

I wanted to thank everyone for their support and let you know that we were able to get a second fairly quickly so I now have two animas ping pumpers. Both are doing well and compete as to whom will get their number closest to the bingo (100) number.

This is a wonderful community!!!

Thanks again,

Jennifer

7. Lee

Lee Approved members

I am glad to hear that your family is adjusting so well!

8. lisalotsamom

lisalotsamom Approved members

Our eldest son was just dx on 3/13/10. He's 22yo and a college senior. After spending spring break in the Keys with friends, he was going to be home for one night before heading back to college. When I saw him that day, he mentioned that he'd lost some weight. I said, "oh yeah?".....his reply sent the alarm bells ringing in my head: "Yeah, I've lost about 13 pounds in the last 2 weeks."
    Then I asked him some questions, and found out that he'd been drinking a lot of water and also getting up at night to urinate. I checked his bg and it was 500 :*(

9. PatriciaMidwest

PatriciaMidwest Approved members

Jennifer --

So sorry to hear you are going through this again. I know there are lots of parents here in the same boat that can lend support during this difficult time.

10. 2type1s

2type1s Approved members

Jennifer...that's so funny yours compete for the 'best' number. We hear 'I win!" frequently....funny that the girls do this, but makes me sad too! Feel free to ask me anything. It can be maddening at times. We just got both on CGMS...loving it!

11. JenniferM

JenniferM Approved members

Hi,

That is my next step to get another CGMS. It has really made a big difference with our youngest son. It is interesting to see how we all adjust to what is a new reality.

Jennifer

12. Carseatmama

Carseatmama Approved members

13. KHM

KHM Approved members

I second this approach. There's no reason your pediatrician should discount your bg readings which are certainly suggestive of diabetes. Call right away---unless you already have---and share those bg numbers.

Best to all of you; repost when you hear something!

14. Denise

Denise Approved members

Just so no one worries, the original post was done in January and the person's second child was indeed dx'd. :cwds: I wanted to make sure people realized it was an older post that was brought back up..