advertisement

How did you find CWD?

Discussion in 'Stickies' started by Mikker, Jan 31, 2010.

?

How did you find the CWD community?

1. On your own via a search engine?

170 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. From a friend, relative, or third party?

45 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. From the hospital at the time of DX?

26 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. From your Endo?

20 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. From a flyer, handout, or publication?

4 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. From an organization. Ie., JDRF, ADA, etc?

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. Tuff

Tuff Approved members

Through George Canyon (country singer with type 1 diabetes). He promotes this site when touring the country (Canada) with Animas! :D

2. Kaylee's Mom

Kaylee's Mom Approved members

I was searching the internet ... I have seen info at the endo about CWD but it has never been mentioned. This site has been so great and supportive .. they really need to tell parents when in hospital ...

Crystal

3. actualreality86

actualreality86 Approved members

From a friend who wrote me a supportive letter and then listed the website. Though I've just started the forums, I've been on the chat for many years since I was 13. I'm 24 now.

4. Miike

Miike Approved members

I began looking for information on pumps around 10 years ago. I used to chat a lot but the chat has been less busy.

5. FloridaMom

FloridaMom Approved members

I found it through someone who has a CWD. However, the next time I was at our endo's office, I saw information about this site. So really it's both.

6. MamaBear

MamaBear Approved members

I found it myself with Google. On our first horrible scary night home from the hospital, I couldn't sleep,got online and searched for some kind of support group. I couldn't even tell you what exactly I typed in,but it led me here.

7. Caleb's*mom

Caleb's*mom Approved members

My son's endo told us about CWD

8. lotsoftots

lotsoftots Approved members

I found this site while I was sitting at my daughter's hospital bed one day after she was dxd..I was doing a search on anything d related and I found the chat room..I still remember talking to Beth and Chris that day and a few others..they will never know how much they helped me that night!!!!

9. DsMom

DsMom Approved members

Was listed on some info we received at the hospital at dx--but was so overwhelmed I never really checked it out until a couple of months ago. BIG mistake that I waited. All that time, I had so many questions I didn't feel my endo could answer--and this was the place I could have gone!! Still have tons of questions and am so grateful I finally checked it out. People here are the best!:cwds:

10. Timmy Mac

Timmy Mac Approved members

none of the above.

I found the CWD site on an advertisement on a bottle of sugar free syrup. A few clicks later, I found the forum :D

11. Steven

Steven New Member

12. Connie(BC)Type 1

Connie(BC)Type 1 Approved members

There used to be a website called Mellisa's(I think) her nick name was POM, when her site when down a few times, we were directed here. That was in the late 90's. I think I've been here almost since the beginning, At least within a few years!

13. Lightly Salted

Lightly Salted Approved members

Among the tons of material the hospital gave us at dx. And I think they mentioned it in our class. I was also referred by online friends who were already here.

14. Ti'sMom

Ti'sMom Approved members

Our awesome doctor recommended it! :D

15. DavidN

DavidN Approved members

My endo. He was trying to talk me out of the pump a few months after dx and suggested I go to this site to learn about other parents' experiences with the technology. It was good advice although didn't go the way I think he had hoped.

16. T-bird

T-bird Approved members

We found CWD via google. It wasn't the first forum we found but it was our favorite.

17. Cookie Monster

Cookie Monster Approved members

My wife found CWD when we were trying to find somebody else in the same position as us. It was a month or two before we got a result. I've posted this once before on here but this article tells the story of what happened.

A few years on and there are now about ten families around the world that keep in touch and support each other through Facebook, and it all started with CWD!