advertisement

How did you find CWD?

Discussion in 'Stickies' started by Mikker, Jan 31, 2010.

?

How did you find the CWD community?

1. On your own via a search engine?

170 vote(s)
    63.0%
  2. From a friend, relative, or third party?

45 vote(s)
    16.7%
  3. From the hospital at the time of DX?

26 vote(s)
    9.6%
  4. From your Endo?

20 vote(s)
    7.4%
  5. From a flyer, handout, or publication?

4 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. From an organization. Ie., JDRF, ADA, etc?

5 vote(s)
    1.9%
  1. AlisonKS

AlisonKS Approved members

Tony was diagnosed when we were living in TX, far away from any family so while his life was literally being saved my mom was searching for diabetes and found this site. My late aunt had type 1 but it had been awhile since anyone in our family had it so she didn't know what treatments, etc are.

2. McKenna'smom

McKenna'smom Approved members

Unfortunately, with everything that was going on after McKenna's dx and with all the stuff I was reading, I don't rememer how I found CWD. However, I am very glad I did.

After reading posts about adrenaline crashes, I was able to predict that my DD would have one after a school dance last Friday night. Sure enough, right before bed, her sugar dropped to 58. :eek: If I hadn't read about it here, I wouldn't have been able to catch it. Thanks!

3. dragonfly

dragonfly Approved members

Thank God for google. I knew there had to be a group like this out there so I hit up my trusty google and there you were!

4. MamaChrissa

MamaChrissa Approved members

Google search! :cwds:

Ive been on message boards for years, indeed since I was pg. I knew there must be a message board for parents of kids with D. :cool:

5. hawkeyegirl

hawkeyegirl Approved members

We received a flyer in our Bag of Hope. :) I joined the night we got home from the hospital, so two days after diagnosis.

6. Sarah Maddie's Mom

Sarah Maddie's Mom Approved members

I stumbled into CWD after 4 years alone in the cold and I was immediately at home ... I think I was about to lose my mind :eek: but the parents here saved my sanity ;)

Thanks, Jeff :cwds:

7. lynn

lynn Approved members

The CDE who taught our classes after diagnosis mentioned it in passing. I scribbled it down in the margin of my notes and went home and checked it out. I didn't find the forum immediately, but the rest of the site is priceless in the amount of information provided. Then the form just added layer upon layer of real-life help and learning.

8. Kalebsmom

Kalebsmom Approved members

I found it on my own, but the endo now has booklets about CWD at her office. I am not sure if she hands them out at new dx or if they are only on the table. Either way, I have seen people take them.

9. caspi

caspi Approved members

We found a flyer in our Bag of Hope we received in the hospital at dx. I logged on within a day of two of returning home from the hospital. I am so grateful that I received that flyer!! CWD was such a huge help to us in the first few months! :cwds:

10. Marcia

Marcia Approved members

CWD was listed as a resource on paperwork from the hospital at diagnosis. I am so glad I came here. Thank you, Jeff.

11. sisterbeth43

sisterbeth43 Approved members

I heard about it at a support group sponsored by our then all voluntary JDRF. We didn't even have a computer at the time, but I wrote it down and as soon as we got the internet I started chatting (after having my teenage dd show me how to sign in).

12. kierbabi09

kierbabi09 Approved members

I used google, I was looking for teens with diabetes and I found CWD somehow. Boy, am I glad that I did:)

13. tesa

tesa Approved members

I also found it on my own as soon as we got home from the hospital. I was gathering any kind of info that I could and thankfully happened upon CWD! I have made so many great friends from here that have helped me through our "almost" first year! :cwds:

14. ehsmum

ehsmum New Member

Hi all, I'm new, just found this site today. I found it via the disboards while I was researching taking my newly diagnosed son to Disneyworld.

My son Harry is 8 years old and was diagnosed 2.5 weeks ago. We're still pretty overwhelmed and just trying to sort it all out.

Looking forward to meeting you all and getting some great advice :).

15. sugarmonkey

sugarmonkey Approved members

I found it through a google search. I think it was about a year after dxd. Wish I'd found it sooner.

Thanks for setting this site up Jeff.

16. 123src

123src New Member

I found this site through Google. Wife with type 1, and 6 year old son Dx'd one week ago yesterday. Just looking for some advise and other's experiences and wisdom.

17. TerpSteph

TerpSteph Approved members

I did a search after Matt was diagnosed and originally went the the ADA forums. Someone there recommended CWD as another source and the rest is history. I remember bgallini (who helped me greatly with our effort to get SAT accomodations) and Sean's Mom from those ADA boards. :)

18. Bill

Bill Approved members

Although we had seen the web site listed in materials we received from our D-team, it wasn't until I did a couple google searches for more information on D that I started to poke around here more. CDW is the best resource around :)

This site should be nominated for a web recognition award given its impact on all of us.

19. Mom2Will

Mom2Will Approved members

I found this site by typing in Will's symptoms :( Found it again in our Bag of Hope from the hospital. Was told again at our first endo appointment from the PA to check it out for support. Told once more at the meeting with the dietitian. At an appointment with our pediatrician his nurse practitioner told me the site was a wealth of information. The PA, dietitian and the nurse practitioner all have children with diabetes.

20. joan

joan Approved members

Last summer my son was getting ready to be a counselor in training at a d camp. I googled the d camp to get some info. and this forum came up. The discussion was not positive and it upset me. Was my son going to the right place? Was he going to be safe? I was worried. When he came back he was such a changed person in a positive way. He loved camp and believed it was really important for kids. He had a great time. He was safe and he could not believe how organized it was. After he came home I thought if I could ever add something positive to the forum I would and here I am addicted. I love all the responses and I love learning from everyone. Despite the fact we have been dealing with d for 15 years (son 17) I continue to learn and thanks to all of you.