advertisement

HI, it's been forever since I posted last.

Discussion in 'Parents of Children with Type 1' started by mmgirls, Jun 27, 2018.

1. mmgirls

mmgirls Approved members

We are doing good, McKenna is 13.5 years old and bigger than me now , Madison just turned 10. McKenna is 12 + years from dx and Madison 4+.

We are now DIY Android APS, Dana R insulin pumps,Dexcom G4 and in closed loop. We eased McKenna in first then Madison. Had a huge hiccup with diabetes camp not accepting the Dana Pump at all and having to revert to Animas pumps.

But, back to closed loop, summer vacation, and whatever the day brings.

I have our closed loop fairly conservative but expecting an A1c around 6.5 for McKenna next month at this time. A great improvement considering she is just now getting fully into puberty.

75% of time between 75 and 175, less than 5% beliwbelow a bg of 75, it's been a long while since we needed a juice.

Thank you CWD, without you I would have never been comfortable with diving in deep and learning how to think outside the box , learn from parents , learn to buck the system, use unconventional methods tgat work for our family. To educate our educators.